Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somebody forgot to put the bottom bushings on My steering rod where it comes through the chassis. Both sides. If You find You have excess play it the steering check it out!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, one on the bottom of the steering rod and the one on the other side is just like a stabilizer. When I first got it I thought the steering was kind of sloppy. But when We were greasing it We noticed grease showing on the bottom and it seemed really loose. I couldn't beleive I had worn out the bushings already. They are ordered and I am going to keep riding it till they come in.

·
Registered
298 Posts
thanks for the heads up catman2. my stearing is also sloppy! bet i can move it back and forth 2" without moving the skis.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Originally posted by schifty@Jan 23 2003, 03:46 PM
My stearing is also sloppy! bet i can move it back and forth 2" without moving the skis.
Holy [email protected]#$%%^... and you didn't say anything to your dealer when you picked up your sled, or when you first noticed this??? -- Roy

·
Registered
298 Posts
don't get me started on my dealer. it was tight when i picked it up but every week it has gotten looser and looser. i was just looking it over on sunday trying to figure out how to tighten her back up. never thougth i could be missing a bushing still not sure i am just have lots of play. the stearing rods have bolts and threads b4 it enters the ball joints can these be adjusted to tighten her up? looks to me like the play comes from these joints.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine is not a lot different than one with the bushings so it didn't seem that bad. They all seem to have a little play in them.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Vman, are the bushing on Yours? I am now wondering if the upper ones are going to be egged out?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bushings finally showed up today. I picked them up and We put them in here at work this morning. What a difference they make. Steering really tightened up!! Now My sled is perfect!!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Deal said that cat said this is normal play. I now have 760 miles log on so far. oil pump has been adjusted and apv servo. so far so good.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by skikvt@Feb 7 2003, 01:23 PM
Can you post some pictures?
I only take picts. when I am riding not wrenching! LOL Once they are slid in You can't even see them. One thing though after We slid them in We got to talking about how they could be slid all the way up in the sleeve. there is no shoulder on the bushing so You might be able to just push it up higher. But You would think gravity would bring them down. No way to tell with out taking it all apart. And I am too busy riding!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts