Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on my F7 Thursday when I felt something hit my left foot. Without thinking much of it I continued on to get gas. I then found a shiny piece of metal laying in my footwell (left one). So I looked all over my engine and clutches figuring something gave loose and came through and hit my foot. I could find nothing missing or broke. I then drove it to a local cat dealer(not where I bought it) he could not find anything either and said he didn't think it was even off the sled as it was to shiny to be from the motor area.So I rode it 143 miles the next day back to my truck. When cleaning it at home I about shit my pants when I found the left side of the steering post missing. I truly felt half sick and very pissed off.I had been riding woods and open trails where I had topped 100+ many times. I could be in many pieces right now. PLEASE check your sleds and have the update done !! I knew nothing about this til I got on this forum last nite. My dealer will hear this one, and not in a polite way.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
THERE IS A SB ON THE CAPS ON THE STEERING POSTS, CHECK IT OUT

·
Registered
580 Posts
I took mine into the dealer for the fixes and mine was broke in two, I didn't even notice it. ALL this with .7 miles on the sled..

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, Mine was the shiny aluminum. I am aware of the bulliten that is out,but only because of this forum. Wes

·
Registered
79 Posts
I just took mine in today and had all kinds of parts put on including the steering blocks. they changed the two bolts on the front part of the rear a arm as well as the bolts that hold the two front end caps on the rails( See robs pictures where he says check these bolts. ) also flip my coil and found a gas leak on my brothers. ( it was a bad hose and loose clamp )(what a bitch to get to) the bolts that they changed where all 1/4 longer than what it came with. the kits that they used came in two bags.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Yeah, my bud's left side was broke. We found it while installing our Isovibes. I just went a bought 02 Sno Pro caps (what you're getting) right away. I doubt I'd get a refund on it, though; it was over a month ago. And I just got my reall letter on the caps, cord, bolts, smartvalves.

·
Registered
580 Posts
THe left side was broke and it was the shiny aluminum ones. They put on the black beefier ones that are standard on the ZR models...Cat was trying to save weight....

·
Registered
614 Posts
Only the smart valve is for the F7. All the other stuff is for both 5 and 7

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
John,

Thanks a lot. I just went through and got everything I didn't have for bulletins. Just when I thought I was all set...I find I need like 5 things done before I leave on Friday for the weekend...all I can say is Thank God for this site and all the cool sh*ts on it. My dealer has everything in except for the steering caps for the lower portion of the bars, but again, thanks to this site, I realized (When I installed my Isovibe) that I already had the black Steel ones) :rolleyes:

FYI...Tim and Grip and Rip Racing said Arctic Cat realized half way through that these were failing and replaced them with the ZR types...too bad they failed because the ISO VIBE would look that much better with the all Aluminum look. :blink:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts