Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my sled apart and can not get the steering arm out? It is the arm that conects the sterring tie rod to the aluminum peice that conects to the outer tie rods and skis. I am not sure if this is pressed in or some thing but it is for sure where my problem is, any help in ideas how to get this out so I can get a new one in thanks Josh.

·
Premium Member
12,762 Posts
How bout a pic or better explanation of what your trying to do / what sled your working on?
Parts pics can be found on Browns Leisure World.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am trying to get part number 6 out. What ever had failed there is why I do not have any sterring. Can some one tell me how to get this part out thanks. "1998 Arctic Cat 1998 ZR 600 EFI LE XC (98ZRC-1998) SNOWMOBILE TIE ROD ASSEMBLY," at http://www.brownsleisureworld.com/ I am using the fiche on there site.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I am trying to get part number 6 out. What ever had failed there is why I do not have any sterring. Can some one tell me how to get this part out thanks. "1998 Arctic Cat 1998 ZR 600 EFI LE XC (98ZRC-1998) SNOWMOBILE TIE ROD ASSEMBLY," at http://www.brownsleisureworld.com/ I am using the fiche on there site.[/b]
had to change the same piece on my 98, couldn't get it out either. after taking bolt out i kept prying, still wouldn't come out. dont know an easy way to say this. but i beat it out with a hammer and bar. took awhile but it did come out. had an arctic cat manual but that didnt help. for some reason the new piece went right in. im not saying this is the right way but it was my last alternative.

·
Premium Member
12,762 Posts
No real trick beyond old fashioned gruntin n swearin at it. You might be able to use a bar with a hook to pry it instead of hammering.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks guys i just did not wanna break some thing by beating it that hard ya know. thanks for all your help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts