Hardcore Sledder banner

Which Trailer ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the Black Out Package 23 X 7.5 low deck Stealth ! Buddy just ordered a Legends 31 X 7.5 .He's trying to talk me into the Legends . Looking for some input on both ? Your likes and dislikes ? I own a Featherlite Goose carhauler & a 2 plc ! Both are great trailers. Was also looking at an Aluma . But both don't have Black out option. The shiny new aluminum is gone after the 1st year ! I like the goose trailers out there like Mission & etc. But 80-90% of the time I'm hauling 2 sleds. With and optional 3rd sled. So, let me know. Because I need to pull the trigger soon ! Or I won't have a new trailer next winter.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I ordered a Legend 8.5' x 28' Trailmaster. Loaded it up pretty good but didn't get the blackout package since it seemed there were many components that weren't blacked out... The issue now is delivery. I ordered it in October and was told 6 months which should be about now. I've been following up on it and now being told to expect it in June!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I finally pulled the trigger . I ended going with the Stealth 7.5' x 25' low deck ! ( Black / Arctic Green ) The Legends wasn't Blacked out enough for me . My truck is the Midnight addition . So part of the reason is Looks ! Call me Goofy , but I didn't want to hate my decision later. Dealer figures it will be here Sept-Oct . I'm still trying to figure out what to do on the flooring ? Factory ( rubber ? ) flooring is $1300.00 ? I was also looking at that Race Deck stuff . Has anyone used that in there trailer ??? And I'm also waiting for a quote on some rubber ( poly ? ) they used it on ice-skating rinks. They say it holds up well with carbides & studs . Any suggestions on what you used & liked . Let me know ! Thanks

·
Registered
2022 xcr 850 136 captain america black tunnel red rails
10 Posts
I used 3/4 inch cattle mats from tractor supply. There heavy , and stink. But there removable and stay in place. Caliber stuff on the doors. Ice scrapes easy off mats and easy on the knees when strapping down sleds. You should pull the mats to dry the floor in the spring also ,water leaks down the mat cracks a little bit. Hole saw through the mats for your tie down rings. Stagger the full 4 x 8 mats down the trailer. Cut with the big heavy duty razer knife and a straight edge ,takes about three cuts to get through.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
something to think about when covering the floor
if its a wood floor, wood needs to breath
so if you cover it,
and if you get water between, be it from, melting ice, condensation or just washing out the trailer, you trapping that moisture in between the two things and that will cause faster degrading , of the wood under what ever protection you install over it!
also wood will expand and contract with temps and humidity

so, if your covering over the deck doesn't have slots in its fasteners to allow, it will possible buckle or can bubble up like at times!
its real easy IMO to over think things trying to over protect floors in trailer
but the floors are replaceable if ever needed and few folks EVER need to if were honest here, most sell the trailer LONG before that is ever needed

If I was to suggest something it would either be the Xcaliber type ski guides and stud mats,(all the more so one's with traction for ramps) as there designed to allow ventilation under them, they are designed too allow wood to expand and contract with there fasteners!
or them
Race deck like squares that have lots of open areas to allow water to dry, and there easy to remove and install to clean after season!

Other wise, I think good factory floor, and just treat irt every so often with a good water proof /sealer!
either way, congrats to you on your new trailer!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, everyone on your input ! The flooring is DRYMAX. So I should be good there. I'm still checking out my options. Next time I'm by a Tractor Supply store I'll have to look at the mats. We have Fleet Farms locally. Mite be the same kind of mats.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Thanks, everyone on your input ! The flooring is DRYMAX. So I should be good there. I'm still checking out my options. Next time I'm by a Tractor Supply store I'll have to look at the mats. We have Fleet Farms locally. Mite be the same kind of mats.
there typically called Horse stall mats, and there sold all over, so not just TSC sells them
they are heady duty mats, very durable,(I use them for many things)
but again, they will trap moisture under them , I have thought about possibly if one was very creative
, and some skills at making thing
one could cut some slots on one side to allow air flow
like maybe take a circular saw or table saw, set blade at a slight angle and make V cuts/slots on bottom of one side,
this would allow mat to still be durable as long as not making them too deep, and might allow some air flow to stop any mold from forming or just allowing floor to dry under the mats

food for thought! if your creative LOL

·
Registered
2022 xcr 850 136 captain america black tunnel red rails
10 Posts
I was told to get the tractor supply mats, the fleet farm ones were not as thick.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I was told to get the tractor supply mats, the fleet farm ones were not as thick.
they are made by many companys and can be had in many thickness, they also have interlocking one's too, that clip like together to allow a more snug fit,
these can be had at TSC

I have even seen them in shapes with all sorts of holes in them to allow venting,but not sure if that would help with studs or hurt,
would work great for allowing things to vent better, but doubt there as durable for sled use!
like these

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update on flooring . Ended up going with the Factory. Putting in there rubber flooring on the ramps & flaps . Not keen on slippery ski guides . Plus I have 3 different width sleds.( 36'' to 49'' ) I just ordered RaceDeck Free-Flow ( 20% off Holiday sale ! ) for the floor. Liked the idea with heat in the trailer. That everything, Should melt off and run out the back. If it doesn't look like it's going to hold up. I can always rip it out and use it on my garage floor. And have rubber put down. Now the Big Wait for it to come in !!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts