Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a ZR800 CC and I stop by my local dealer in Waukesha, Wi named LAKE COUNTRY POWERSPORTS and talk to him about trading my ZR800 in on a F7 ...he offers me $4000.00 on trade for a perfect sled with 2000 miles...needless to say I didn't bite ....I find a buyer for my sled so I go back to LAKE COUNTRY and say what kinda price on a F7 with lots of accesories?? Dealer gives me a reasonable price so I say OK lets do it ...I ask at time of sale what is the track size for ordering studs (they didn't have one on the floor) the salesguy says its a 1.25 in lug ...ok so i order 1.45 studs.....few days later i stop in and they have one on the floor ...I look at it and it sure doesn't look like 1.25 in .....I ask a few more questions and the parts guy gets a steel tape measure and he tells me the track is 1.5 in ....so I'm figuring out this dealer just doesn't have a clue so I start my own investigation and call my performance guy and he calls cat and cat says no....this is a 1.375 in lug track...so not really trusting anybody at this point I go back into LAKE COUNTRY and go to the parts guy who is still swearing the track is a 1.5 in and is insisting I order 1.620 studs because he's right, I finally convince this idiot I'm not ordering studs until he calls cat and finds out for sure ...give him my number and wait for his call...1 day ...2days....3days....4days no call, finally my sales guy calls and asks when are you picking up your sled??? I tell him not until you can answer a simple question, also asked him to have the parts guy call me with a answer on lug height from cat.....1day....2days.....3days....4days...no call so I figure I've given these clowns ample time ...go to another dealer ...all questions answered quickly without having to call anybody ...so I buy the sled from them ....NOW I go back to LAKE COUNTRY and request my $100 back I put as a downpayment due to not being able to get an answer to an easy question....they state they have done nothing but try to help me ........GIVE ME A BREAK THESE CLOWNS DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE SLEDS THEY SELL, THEY WERE TOTALLY CLUELESS AND THEIR EXCUSE WAS "WELL ITS A BRAND NEW SLED, DO YOU EXPECT US TO BE EXPERTS ON BRAND NEW PRODUCT?" I answered "why YES I do expect you to be an expert" ANOTHER THING WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IF I WOULD HAVE BLINDLY TAKEN THIS CLOWNS ADVICE AND PUT ON 1.620??? I DOUBT THEY WOULD HAVE COVERED THE POTENTIAL DAMAGE.
AM I OUT OF LINE HERE?? I WOULD REALLY LIKE YOUR GUYS OPINION....

·
Registered
899 Posts
firecat you are so far out of line whew 15 yard penalty for being smart enough to walk away! imagine that at some dealers you buy a sled from them and are still treated like sh#t. by the way dont order parts from them if you didnt buy from them because you only get whatever the LOYAL A##holes dont want!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Arctic Cat's dealers are going to ruin them. Look at some of these problems guys are having: shocks on backwards, coolant not bled , skis not alined, tracks not alined, where's my tool kit. 513 your dealer sounds alot like Spicers in Houghton Lake, MI. MORONS.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Spicers is a great dealer!!!!!I can't believe anyone would say anything bad about spicers in houghton lake MI they are the number one dealer in the midwest just ask them! They treat you great right up until you sign on the dotted line or try to make a deal with them. Just as soon as you leave they forget not only who you are but could care less who you are they got there sale so leave us alone. Make sure you read ALL the fine print there cuz they will put it right in your hind end and hard. I only live 30 miles from there and would rather drive across country to pick up a part or clothing or whatever in Wyoming before I'd go to Spicers. But thats just my opinion! Man I feel better-----pray for snow cuz our F7's are ready to melt it up!!!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I filed a dispute with visa and they think I have a good chance of getting my money back....or at least I cause some paperwork nightmares for these clowns :D

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
by the way the good dealer in my little tale above is willson's in palmyra, Wi

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
My buddy bought a leftover 02 ZR800EFI from Wilson's two months ago. He paid 6199 for it. I have been down there twice with him since then, very nice people and seem to know what they are talking about. Later, Sxrlar.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Good for you for researching yourself and voting with your feet. Find a good dealer and become a loyal customer and you will relish the experience of buying a new sled.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Been buying sleds from Willsons for years. Always treated me fairly and stock lots of parts and accessories. Mike and Lori are good people.

·
Registered
124 Posts
My buds and I have gotten a number of sleds from Wilson's, including my new f7. They're a a great dealer, easy to work with and are always bottom dollar on their sleds.

Attachments

·
Registered
477 Posts
Originally posted by jagdcat@Dec 11 2002, 05:02 PM
Arctic Cat's dealers are going to ruin them. Look at some of these problems guys are having: shocks on backwards, coolant not bled , skis not alined, tracks not alined, where's my tool kit. 513 your dealer sounds alot like Spicers in Houghton Lake, MI. MORONS.
It is not just AC dealers. Every brand has idiots who should not be sellling sleds but unfortunately are.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
my f7 is my first sled from Wilson's. little skeptical about buying from a new dealer because i have ran into problems in the past. good to know other's give Wison's a good name. They are nice and helpful people.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I've purchased sleds from four different dealers over the years (due to closures and pricing), but my best experience has been my last purchase. I bought my F7 from Nelson's Speed Shop in Greenville, MI. They are one of the largest dealers in the Midwest (Arctic Cat, Polaris, Ski Doo, and Yamaha). They have great prices and expert service. They aren't one of the biggest because of volume alone. They do a tremendous job in bringing back the customer.

Check them out if you aren't happy with your dealer. :wub:

·
Registered
629 Posts
Originally posted by Thumper+Dec 11 2002, 10:00 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-jagdcat
@Dec 11 2002, 05:02 PM
It is not just AC dealers. Every brand has idiots who should not be sellling sleds but unfortunately are.[/b]
Ditto

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Remember that i asked them to find me the answer via arctic cat and they couldn't even do that ...so not only was the product knowledge lacking ...but their service was awful...all they seemed to care about was when i planned on picking up the sled and there seemed to be no concern that I actually wanted an answer to a question that effected the purchase of my studs from them. :wacko:

·
Registered
153 Posts
AC's dealers are going to ruin them. I bought an F5 from alaska commercial company up here and they dont know Jack about it. when i got it they didnt tell me i had to use mix gas or anything just said it had enough gas in it to bring to the gas station so i put 18.3 miles with strait gas and reason why i only got to 18 miles...because of a coolant leak :angry: so now its at a polaris shop being repaired and the place i got it from says they have 2 arctic cat mechanics over there the guy that i know that is gonna work on it has been a polaris mechanic and they said these 2 arctic cat mechanics were sent up from anchorage...a city in lower alaska. but yeah i know the coolant leak is from a disconnected hose so whats he gonna hurt and i keep my warrenty in case he does hurt somthing. and i bet he dont know about bleading the coolant so right after hes done imah load it in my truck bring it to shop and blead the air......... :angry: And i should have to do any of this am i right????????????

·
Registered
41 Posts
hell no you shouldnt!!!!! that dealers sucks big A$$....geez....they better have a CAT mechanic there!!!!.......oh damn...forgot :eek: ........thats my brothers problem which means its my prob. also...... :angry: hate our dealer....damn them!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts