Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Father inlaw has bought multiple machines from POLARIS financeing in past and always paid his bills on time, 3 months ago he forgot to mail out check to POLARIS (HSBC) on time and it posted 72 Hours late. They immediatly jacked his rate to 22% and voided original terms of 6.9% deal. When he tried to call them to try to work it out , they insulted him, said only a fool doesn't know what is in the fine print and after all the great payment history were just classless and rude.
I personaly would never do bussiness with HSBC due to their support of Hammas and Secular causes like their asault on the Cub scouts in 1999. For their christian stance on gay life styles. I'm sure Polaris is not the only Manufacturer that uses HSBC but, You can get better treatment and more ethical terms from some one else. Alternatives are as follows for 12,mos/ETC. same as cash or defered loans,,,, Commercial credit, Wells Fargo finance, but I don't recomend any of the defered loans, You will and can get better terms from your own credit union or credit card companies if you call them and do research before buying. I'm going to lend him the $$ to get out of this but also hope I can keep any one else from making the same mistake he did by doing business with a unethical, classless, and anti American corporation like HSBC.
Any one else have a story to add would be nice. I'm sure he isn't the only one .
I have repeatidly tried to work this out with them and they just act and portray that they could care less, They seem proud that they scamed a 78 year old man that has always been a straight arrow!!!

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear that.

Perhaps a well crafted letter to the right people at HSBC and Polaris would remind them of their competitors AND the power of the internet???

·
Registered
7,387 Posts
Father inlaw has bought multiple machines from POLARIS financeing in past and always paid his bills on time, 3 months ago he forgot to mail out check to POLARIS (HSBC) on time and it posted 72 Hours late. They immediatly jacked his rate to 22% and voided original terms of 6.9% deal. When he tried to call them to try to work it out , they insulted him, said only a fool doesn't know what is in the fine print and after all the great payment history were just classless and rude.
I personaly would never do bussiness with HSBC due to their support of Hammas and Secular causes like their asault on the Cub scouts in 1999. For their christian stance on gay life styles. I'm sure Polaris is not the only Manufacturer that uses HSBC but, You can get better treatment and more ethical terms from some one else. Alternatives are as follows for 12,mos/ETC. same as cash or defered loans,,,, Commercial credit, Wells Fargo finance, but I don't recomend any of the defered loans, You will and can get better terms from your own credit union or credit card companies if you call them and do research before buying. I'm going to lend him the $$ to get out of this but also hope I can keep any one else from making the same mistake he did by doing business with a unethical, classless, and anti American corporation like HSBC.
Any one else have a story to add would be nice. I'm sure he isn't the only one .
I have repeatidly tried to work this out with them and they just act and portray that they could care less, They seem proud that they scamed a 78 year old man that has always been a straight arrow!!![/b]
arent you glad government has deregulated finance companies and gave them free reign to do as they please? feel lucky they didnt jack it to 32% or more, these loan sharks are capable of doing as they please.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, sorry to hear that.

Perhaps a well crafted letter to the right people at HSBC and Polaris would remind them of their competitors AND the power of the internet???[/b]
I've mailed letters and called, E-Mailed and was respectfull the first 10 tries. They are just dirt bags over there. I will now do every thing I can to show them what is good for one is good for another. Or better yet, comes around goes around. Help spread the word, warn your friends and family. And don't forget, according to Dunn and bradstreet, they donate 3.5 million dollars a year to the ACLU and Hammas. HSBC. is total scum!!!

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
Well, your father DID mail his payment late, so you cant exactly say he isnt at fault.
I can definetly understand your frustration especially after being such a loyal customer, having a history of on-time payments and being treated so poorly.
I guess all you can really do is pay off the loans you have with them and in the future just deal with a local bank or lender.
With all of the people who are defaulting on loans nowdays, dont expect anyone to cut you any slack.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Well, your father DID mail his payment late, so you cant exactly say he isnt at fault.
I can definetly understand your frustration especially after being such a loyal customer, having a history of on-time payments and being treated so poorly.
I guess all you can really do is pay off the loans you have with them and in the future just deal with a local bank or lender.
With all of the people who are defaulting on loans nowdays, dont expect anyone to cut you any slack.[/b]
Wow you sound just like them, its BS that the history of this customer who has probably been paying their bills at roughly 99% of the time, on time doesnt mean anything to them, I wouldnt deal with them. I wouldnt buy a polaris maybe thats a little to far. Get a bank loan pay them off immediatly, and laugh at them.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
With all of the people who are defaulting on loans nowdays, dont expect anyone to cut you any slack.[/b]
Doesn't make what they do ethical in any way, All I can do is warn others of how dirty bastage they are. It's amazing to me how people still do business with them in the US. They are so openly anti American and anti family. Any one that believes in the scouts or our culture should know that their money is being invested by HSBC in organizations that are detrimental to their values. Including but not limited to their support of the ACLU's defense of NAMBLA, Hammas, PLO, PETA. And the world workers party.
They are spending your money to destroy all you stand for.

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
Doesn't make what they do ethical in any way, All I can do is warn others of how dirty bastage they are. It's amazing to me how people still do business with them in the US. They are so openly anti American and anti family. Any one that believes in the scouts or our culture should know that their money is being invested by HSBC in organizations that are detrimental to their values. Including but not limited to their support of the ACLU's defense of NAMBLA, Hammas, PLO, PETA. And the world workers party.
They are spending your money to destroy all you stand for.[/b]
spot on. Legally thier in the right, ethically thier a bunch of crooks.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Any one that believes in the scouts or our culture should know that their money is being invested by HSBC in organizations that are detrimental to their values. Including but not limited to their support of the ACLU's defense of NAMBLA, Hammas, PLO, PETA. And the world workers party.
They are spending your money to destroy all you stand for.[/b]
Sorry, but I just gotta laugh - I find it pretty hard to believe that HSBC invests it's money in anything other than HSBC. There ARE a bank after all, and the banks (not just HSBC) look out for thier own interests above all, the average Joe doesn't mean sh*t to them.......... just like the insurance companies.

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
I have repeatidly tried to work this out with them and they just act and portray that they could care less, They seem proud that they scamed a 78 year old man that has always been a straight arrow!!![/b]
Scammed? He did not send the check. Oops now deal with the consequences.

·
Registered
14,647 Posts
WTF would you sign something for without reading the fine print. They always say something about jacking up the rates if any payments are late.

Also, I get my loans set up with my bank account for automatic withdrawal, that way I never miss.

·
Registered
2013 Turbo
3,818 Posts
HSBC = Crooks. Never finance anything with them!!!! I had a bad experience with them too, never again. Best bet is with your local bank.

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
Scammed? He did not send the check. Oops now deal with the consequences.[/b]
Exactly. I mean, I feel sorry for this guy's dad, but what it all boils down to is that the payment was sent in late. If he had sent the payment in on time, this wouldnt have happened.
You cant really blame the lender when they jack up your interest rate because the payment was late. It seems like all too often nowdays, people dont want to accept the consequences of their actions and always want to blame someone else for their problems.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
:withstupid:

They sound like any other credit card company.. Unfortunately they are allowed to do so. Does it make right? No. Do you have to like it? No. Should the FIL have gone to a hometown bank or C/U? YES.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Most companies are like that fine print always get ya. Thats why you get a good rate its THE HOOK their hoping for a slip up. Some of the fine print i get with the cards aways getting in the mail. If you are late or miss any payments on loans with other companies they can raise your rate on loans not pertaining too.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Wow, Sorry to hear this happened to your father, but unfortunately, as others have posted, its covered somewhere in the fine print. Have I used them? Yes, mostly to float an interest free loan, but set up auto payment to ensure this situation didn't happen. As far as their alledged political involvements, have you ever travelled to Central America, Southeast Asia or the Middle East? Talk about businesses having hands in all sorts of crap. Trust me, I fought for our freedom and have seen, firsthand associations which appear somewhat murky in american values. Not trying to debate, it is just the way of the world today and unless you or you or neighbor makes it from scratch, it is tied to some sort of culture which may make the hair on the back of your neck stand up. Will I use them again? Probably not, I have adapted my spending since retirement and pay as I go. I do agree that given his payment history with the institution, they could have worked out a better arrangement. Find local less expensive financing and pay it off. It sucks for sure.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Depending on how far you are into the loan, you could always tell them to come and get it. They want money, if you tell them they won't get another penny out of you they might see things differently. Or tell them your dropping it off at the dealer.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts