Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted in this forum in march because my 99 zl efi was giving me fits. After many helpful suggestions, Thanks to all, i think i have it narrowed to the stator. When ohming it out it checked ok but when i ran it and checked voltage the volts to the injectors were well below spec. Sooooooo fast foward to today when i finally pulled the stator i noticed a dark oily almost like tar deposit on the part of the stator that rides along the fly , the outside diameter. The coating was thin and spotty there were some places there was hardly at all and others that were totally covered. I was just wondering if this could have been causing my stator to malfunction. Just wondering before i drop the money to have it redone.

P.S. the coating was not the varnish that is on the wires themselves.

·
Banned
10,423 Posts
Originally posted by brm10@Oct 18 2005, 07:00 PM
I posted in this forum in march because my 99 zl efi was giving me fits.  After many helpful suggestions, Thanks to all,  i think i have it narrowed to the stator.  When ohming it out it checked ok but when i ran it and checked voltage the volts to the injectors were well below spec.  Sooooooo fast foward to today when i finally pulled the stator i noticed a dark oily almost like tar deposit on the part of the stator that rides along the fly , the outside diameter.  The coating was thin and spotty  there were some places there was hardly at all and others that were totally covered.  I was just wondering if this could have been causing my stator to malfunction.  Just wondering before i drop the money to have it redone.     

P.S.  the coating was not the varnish that is on the wires themselves.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=938580
[/quote]
new stator time, yes it will cause your probs

1 - 2 of 2 Posts