Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not to "Bitch or whine" as some might say, but my F7 will be getting a new stator next week, and I'm the second in line at the dealer to have this done to there F7.
Just wondering if anyone else may have these symptoms
1. Drop in RPM at the top (From 7900 to 7400) Huge loss of MPH
2. seems to run rich (foul plugs)
3. Seems to drop a cylinder when starting up again after the drop in top RPM?
Anyway......................... Glad I have another sled to ride.

Thanks AC for a quality product. :huh:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Jamie, just curious.. Do you have extra accessories running when this happens? Like ele shield, and handwarmers on high? Anything else that draws current? GPS? You didn't hook up all four lights to run at once, did you?

I'm just confirming these items as I've heard that the F7 has a very limited electicial system.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rob, Sorry for late reply I just got back from ridding.
No, no extras (Stock sled) I will take it to dealer tommorow and they will do there checks just to make sure.
I'll report back there findings.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well after 2 weeks the sled is still at the dealers.
Acording to the dealer they have tested and changed many electrcial parts just to be sure. Still nothing.
They have put calls into Cat for Tech help and still have not recived a call back.
I have put 4 calls into Cat customer service and still no reply.

My last post regarding this problem seems to have been removed from the tell it to AC area, but if this one lasts maybe someone can help me.
The sled lost top RPM, As the tach showed approx 7900rpm on initial WOT it would then fall to approx. 7100rpm and of cource no MPH.
After restart the sled would run on 1 cylinder, and was running rich.
No warning lights of any kind (Limp mode?)
Power valves are clean and working.
After letting cool down just to make sure, No difference.

I see others on this site have no MPH with there F7's maybe we have the same problem.

Any help would be great as I am reciving NO help from AC.

THX

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally (I hope) The F7 is fixed.The stator was tested and found to be OK, But after changing many different parts they finally changed the stator.
Acording to the phone call the sled is now running properly (God I hope so).
If any others are having similiar problems listed above it may just be the stator.
Good Luck

:wacko:

·
Registered
68 Posts
my recoil blew apart after dealer installed new recoil rope, spring wrapped around flywheel, locked her up tight. took apart had to order new timing sensor, flywheel, and stator. took 3 weeks, you know that the stator of a 800 fits too. stator alone costs $500. . i finally made my dealer rob one of a new sled. was damn
tired of waiting. tell your dealer youll never buy another part or sled again from them worked for me. got great results then on the snow that day.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, The stator seems to have solved the problem.
The sled now pulls to 7900rpm and will hold it.
I hope it lasts 2 weekends in a row.
This is the first time I have not had to return the sled to the dealer after riding it.
Things are looking up.

Hope I did not jinx myself :huh:

Oh by the way. AC customer service still has not phoned me back.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had a electrical problem over the weekend w/ my F7, I was pounding the power lines up in the UP & had noticed I lost my tach/speedo, hand warmers,head lights,brake lights, all of these would flicker at idle & would go out as soon as would accelerate. The sled continued to run just fine. I ran like this for about 2 hours & was heading back as we were running out of day light & everything came back on, ran the sled for another hour did have any other problems. My sled is at the dealer waiting to be checked out.

One thing I noticed in the process of trying to find a lose connection is my wires up by the head lights must have dropped down a bit as I noticed one wire was melted down to the wire & two others had some minor damage. I ducked taped this as I thought I might be shorting out on the top of my pipe-I countinued to have the same problem. One other thing I found was a yellow wire that was disconnected on the cannister side, I reconnected this & continuned having the same problems. I'm not sure what this yellow wire is for? This is my first real problem w/ the sled, all of my updates have been done w/ the exception of the two latest ones from AC.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts