Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Rob

Have a 2002 Polaris XC-SP with startingline straightline skis with 6" carbide skegs. The carbide wear favors the front of the ski, Have you experimented with moving the ski forward in the mounting holes to more center the spindel over the center of the carbide. I realize Startingline does not recomend this and that it might increase the tendency to dart but I thought I would run it by you anyway.

Thanks Al

·
Registered
4 Posts
Al, I never tried doing that, but I thought about it plenty of times. If you do it, try it under controlled conditions where you can accuratly judge the results. It may change the way the bars wear so keep a very close eye on it.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Originally posted by Channel Master@Jan 1 2003, 04:46 PM
Hi Rob

Have a 2002 Polaris XC-SP with startingline straightline skis with 6" carbide skegs. The carbide wear favors the front of the ski, Have you experimented with moving the ski forward in the mounting holes to more center the spindel over the center of the carbide. I realize Startingline does not recomend this and that it might increase the tendency to dart but I thought I would run it by you anyway.

Thanks Al
A small piece of hard plastic shim stock(1/8-1/4") screwed securely under the rear section of the rubber will load the rear of the ski runner. The ideal trail set up is to have slightly more rear ski runner load. Adjust thickness of the shim accordingly.

Loading the front of the runner increases turn in and decreases steering effort. It also increases the sled's tendency to dart.

Loading the rear of the runner improves straight line tracking and increases steering effort. It also decreases turn in ability.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts