Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looked at the long range forcast and it still doesnt look any better then it did last week except that we have colder temps now, i refuse to drive 800 or 900kms to quebec or pay $240 for a ontario pass that i can use maybe for 2 or 3 weekends in febuary, i have my sled up forsale and am thinking i wont buy a new one after it's sold due to the weather we have been getting. This weather is killing the industry even if we got snow in the next 2 weeks that only gives us 4 weekends in febuary and 1 or 2 from this month so maybe 5 or 6 outings for the average guy who works 5 days a weeks. Im sure alot of you guys are feeling the same thing right now though. I love snowmobiling but it's not worth it when you can get a atv and use it all year long for the same price or less.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
I put 500 miles on b4 xmas and didn't trailer once last year. only 2000 mi total, but I had other commitments. year before was double milage also did 1000mi before xmas.

as FB said there are many years like this... 03 was a bit like this, year didn't get started til late, but not quite... you will get 6-8 weekends in the bancroft area every year :div20: some years you can double that though :dunno: :fluffy:

·
Registered
8,016 Posts
looked at the long range forcast and it still doesnt look any better then it did last week except that we have colder temps now, i refuse to drive 800 or 900kms to quebec or pay $240 for a ontario pass that i can use maybe for 2 or 3 weekends in febuary, i have my sled up forsale and am thinking i wont buy a new one after it's sold due to the weather we have been getting. This weather is killing the industry even if we got snow in the next 2 weeks that only gives us 4 weekends in febuary and 1 or 2 from this month so maybe 5 or 6 outings for the average guy who works 5 days a weeks. Im sure alot of you guys are feeling the same thing right now though. I love snowmobiling but it's not worth it when you can get a atv and use it all year long for the same price or less.[/b]
I'll give you $100 for it.

edit - nevermind - just saw it doesn't have a trail pass.

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
I'll give you $100 for it.

edit - nevermind - just saw it doesn't have a trail pass.[/b]
Why would that matter? It's not like we are going to get any use out of the permits this year. :drunk:

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
That is why I haven't bought mine yet. i will wait for someone like you who wants to get rid of it a couple weeks from now and pick it up for $50.. :)[/b]
I'll burn the fucker first! :)

I'm sure anyone who bought a trail pass this year will get a free pass next year.............. :fluffy:[/b]
Yea, I'm sure that's going to happen.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I hear ya 583doo. It is difficult to continue to support the sport as cost seem to rise every year and time on the sled seems to decrease. I do remember the days of not riding until after the New Year but those are few and far between. Seasons are changing......There is some validity to Global Warming....Everyone on this forum would agree that an ATV is nowhere near as fun as a sled. These are the tough times and we need to continue to purchase our permits and volunteer our time to keep the sport alive.....This season might be a short 1 but we will be riding soon. Hey we might be riding into May this year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts