Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had some good news given to me yesterday aternoon. The President of SOS club came in for an unexpected visit to discuss developing a working relationship with the OVSC/CCC. This meeting has begun to pave the way to help develop the Lake Ossipee area in to one of the premier destinations in New Hampshire. Hopefully after a meeting with the Board of Directors, all matters will resolved between the two clubs.

I know that I, myself, would like to personally extend the olive branch to the SOS club with the hopes of it being able to help the area trails and make it more enjoyable for all that ride the area. As far as in the past, there are no hard feelings or ill will on my part towards the members of SOS. I would like to sit down and discuss the issues at hand with the SOS president and bury the hatchet once and for all.

I wish them success with their quest for an additional groomer to add to their current inventory. With the increased traffic in the general area it is increasingly harder to keep up with the trails. Having the two Tuckers should help out alot in making it easier to keep the grooming on the entire system more balanced.

I would like to commend GSTE800 and his group for their trail clearing party last weekend down near Danforth Bay Camping Resort. I am hoping with all the new blood and desire for great trails, that the clubs can all work together to achieve great things in the immediate future. The area has an enormous amount of trail growth potential with the right amount of club commitment.

Only time will tell, but the first step has been taken and it sounds good to me. :div20:

Sincerly,

Freedom Rider

·
Premium Member
2,782 Posts
I cant help but being reminded of an old rock tunes lyrics which describes whats happening in that part of the state. With all the good mergers, alliances, co-operation and general "good stuff" going on "the futures so bright I gotta wear shades". :dance2: :banana: I am sincerely happy for all you guys down there at the consistant good will "virus" that we all see "infecting" your part of "system". Keep it going
Freedom Rider, Oldtimer, CKF, Whtmtn, Springridgefarm. Let's hope this particular"virus" is strong enough to "infect" the whole state, or even better, all of new england, or even, what the f%*k, the whole country, oh well, Canada too! :div20: :luxhello: :smiley-faces7:
pathfinder58 :cn:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I'll echo Daveh's comments....

I will be joining OVSC/Coyotes this year, and was planning to abandon SOS for a variety of reasons I won't go in to here.

However, if I see a concerted effort on SOS's part to join OVSC/Coyotes on improving the sledding in the Ossipee area, I too will throw another family membership their way this season.

Good job guys!

Skip

·
Premium Member
1,889 Posts
Yes Freedom Rider I agree. I hope this is the beginning of a good working relationship with SOS. The lines of communication are now open and hopefully they will continue. I was at the meeting with the President of SOS and he seemed sincere about meeting with OVSC and trying to continue to make this area a premiere snowmobile destination. :banana:

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hope all went well with the SOS vote to get another groomer. I think that it will be a signifigant help to the area. If anybody knows how it went please post info for everybody to know the outcome.

Thanks,
Freedom Rider

1 - 7 of 7 Posts