Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far this short season the Firecat has cost me three good rides. Last night pulled the sled out of the garage for a ride with the boys...first pull...broken starter rope!!!Last two times it was the smart valve. Rode the wifes 99 phazer which i've put more miles on than the Firecat. All updates completed today. My dealer was bitching cat out pretty good because he received his update notices on 12/26 which is right in the middle of a very busy week. He said "they had to have been aware of some of these issues long before now"! I would have to agree that after all the testing you would think the rope issue would have shown up before production...what about the bolts being too short? You would think someone on the assembly line would have figured that one out!!!! Please no more interuptions in my riding schedule!!!!

·
Premium Member
13,949 Posts
not to sound like a jerk, but a broken rope is no reason not to ride the sled. I've ridded with guys that give the old primary pull for weeks, cause they would rather be riding than fixing a recoil.

Krom

U

·
0 Posts
yea but its a brand new sled it shouldn't have as many problems as it does, thats happend to me on the trail before. that has also happend to my f7 3 weeks ago and i can't get the engine light to go off either its just a bad start for the f7's

·
Registered
51 Posts
Originally posted by Krom@Dec 29 2002, 06:57 PM
not to sound like a jerk, but a broken rope is no reason not to ride the sled. I've ridded with guys that give the old primary pull for weeks, cause they would rather be riding than fixing a recoil.

Krom
I remember the good old days, never having a rewind on my old Hirth 650. Always used what ever piece of rope hanging a round (close line usually - mom didn't find out until spring)

The only thing that pisses me off about the F7 is cat did not include an emergency starter rope in the tool kit. (Along with the spare plug holder that is in the brochures but not where to be found

Dan...

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just would like it to operate the way it was intended. With the starter rope.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts