Hardcore Sledder banner

Starter issues

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Jamie 
#1 ·
Hey guys, hope you can help me.
I have a buddy who's 2004/5 venture starter is not working.
It will spin but not catch to start.
Any help? I would like to fix it for him but I am not familiar with the sled.
Can anyone point me in the right direction for changing the parts required?

Thanks in advance.

Jamie

#4 ·
Two items that are possible. The drive gear as mentioned above may have lost teeth, and it has nothing to grab.

But a more likely case is the "bendix" or clutch on the starter is not popping out and trying to engage that gear. You can sometimes replace this clutch, but you could just buy a used starter from Barn of parts and replace it.

I replaced the starter on an 07 Apex GT with this issue. It would just spin the starter and not even try to engage the gear. Bought a used starter and swapped it out. It's super simple and like a a few bolts and two wires.

Good luck,

#5 ·
Two items that are possible. The drive gear as mentioned above may have lost teeth, and it has nothing to grab.

But a more likely case is the "bendix" or clutch on the starter is not popping out and trying to engage that gear. You can sometimes replace this clutch, but you could just buy a used starter from Barn of parts and replace it.

I replaced the starter on an 07 Apex GT with this issue. It would just spin the starter and not even try to engage the gear. Bought a used starter and swapped it out. It's super simple and like a a few bolts and two wires.

Good luck,

Any chance you could walk me through it:dunno:

Mostly how to get at it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.