Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK...installed the Cat fix. Rope is still fraying about 3-5 inches above the case, rubbing against that black plastic protector strip that is attached to the frame lip. Let me know if this doesn't make sense. So, I can see that I might need to do an eye bolt fix similar to what was listed on this post.

My question is, are other seeing the fraying down lower after the Cat Fix?

I can't believe they designed it this way....

-kj

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just dropped off my sled and they told me that they would perform the cord fraying recall on it - I told them not to bother. I installed the eye bolt when I fist bought it and it works perfectly!!!!!!!! My cord isn't frayed at all.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Yes, I have Cat's fix and it already started to fray again. The problem is if you pull in when your standing next to the sled, it hits the side of the hole. The bar just lifts it off the bottom of the hole. I took cat's fix off, and changed the tube off of a zrt to fit this application. Also used to 5mm spectra rope. No fraying at all now.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not making myself clear. Mine is not fraying around the hole in the dash. I'm talking aboutwy down by the coil...on the motor. about 4 inches up from there it rubs on the frame. Is anyone else seeing fraying down there?

kj

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
Its frayed there, but I probably caused by the plastic up top...remember you pull it out about a foot, then yank it :)

·
Registered
841 Posts
My dealer phoned an told me to come down for the fix but I told him not to bother. I copied the eye bolt idea from the forum and added rubber fuel line from the opening of the recoil up thru the eye bolt past the oil res and and it seems to be good.

·
Registered
151 Posts
If anyone hasn't already thought of this, Just came in from the garage going over trailer and stuff. I use a couple of ratchet straps to hold the back of the sleds on the trailer as I assume alot of you do. The web strap that comes with most of the straps are very long and I cut mine to fit better so I don't have so much extra hanging after the sled is tight. I have a new tube coming from Dan but just to be safe a 5' piece of the extra web strap makes a perfect emergency pull cord and stores very easy. Started mine cold in three tugs on the primary.

Just a thought, Steve

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hey Skydog nice summer ride. I added mine to the post. where are you located? Where do you boat ? Ever come to Maine in the summer??

Steve

·
Registered
80 Posts
How many pulls before it starts to fray in stock form? I have pulled mine at least 50 times.....probably closer to a hundred and it still hasnt frayed yet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts