Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who wishes they would have got the sno pro instead of standard? i sure do and i havent even ridin my sled yet

·
Registered
348 Posts
I've got the SnoPro and its pretty stiff in a nice way! It loves to be hammered and it smoothes out the faster you go. But if your forced to follow sleds that stay on the ground between moguls, you get the shit pounded out of you. :D

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Ditch, why would you even make that comment if you haven't even riddin your sled yet??? How much do you weigh... is that the reason? -- Roy

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I am very upset that I did not get the sno pro package. I have put 20 miles on it and it bottoms out way too eaisly and I have the spring as tight as it will go. I am going to have to do someting about it. Either get new springs and revalve or get new shocks. I wish I clould exchange my shocks for snow pro ones. :(

·
Registered
54 Posts
I rode my standard F7 with 2(thats right) people on it for 130 miles. The front springs are set soft, and my rear springs are in the middle or the 3 positions. We had no problems with bottoming at all. In fact, it rode like a dream. With just me it rock and rolls baby. I'm not jumping over houses, so I wouldnt change a thing.
(Thats what those things called motocross bikes are for.) B)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Roy T@Dec 13 2002, 09:12 PM
Ditch, why would you even make that comment if you haven't even riddin your sled yet???
the reason i say that is i can push it down really easy. Im only 14 (130lbs) i finally got my dad to go buy a firecat and he wanted to get that 0 down 0 interest no payments for 6 months thing it was the second to last for that when we went so we really couldnt go to a different dealer. I would have got the snopro but the dealer was sold out of snopro's in the color i wanted (red). And im not a big trail rider i like to go ditchbangin so i want something that can handle the abuse.

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
I hear this stuff all the time, I really don't get it...Not saying anyone is lying, whatever...I totally believe you.

But, I weigh 235 and am definitely NOT easy on my sled, I bang through whatever with the best of them. I have mine on- left easy and right medium..!!(std f7)

Bottomed out once or twice, on those swooping drops. I do notice that I ride, or at least feel like I ride, like I was 150 lbs. I lift my a** and float on the seat. I also think I read the trail really well, maybe thats the big difference. If I am behind someone it seems the line I would take would be different?? B)

Who knows, I just had to post to see if anyone feels the same as I do?

Wait maybe the damn scale IS wrong :lol:

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I have had mine at least 10' in the air landed in about 3" of snow and didn't bottom out my springs are turned up to high in the rear front springs tightened so 3" of threads are showing and coupling blocks are on 2 if I dropped it off a house ore even stood on it like you are doing it would probly bottom out but with forword momentem I couldn't get it to so just wait till you ride it. I weigh 155 so alittle more than you try these settings I think you will agree with me after you ride it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i guess if a 230 lb peson is doing what i want to do and it works for him i guess it shouldnt be a problem for me. its soposed to snow next week so i will find out soon if we get enough

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
hey...235...No I really think it is style of riding.. and as well what "green-patriot" says about forward momentum. A lot of people ride easier and I swear that makes them bottom much more. Like ZR's the harder I rode it the less bottoming and better the suspension felt...

·
Registered
171 Posts
i have the sno pro and i love it. it flys like a dream and landssoo smooth unless your above like 5 feet then it's hard on flat landings. but on down hill you don't feel it at all

·
Registered
82 Posts
Everybody is different that is why people can ride the same sled and have two copletely different opinions. I have ridden std and sno pro 5s and 7s. I don't see how anyone could ride double on a std model for 130 miles and not bottom severely and repeatedly. Maybe two small kids on a trail without any bumps. We don't have groomed trails where I live but std f models we have received would be too soft for all but the most casual trail rider on our terrain. Anyone that weighs 235lbs and rides a standard f model hard better be hitting those bumps just right or you are going to bottom and hard! But remember I have never seen a trail anything like what Rob has posted on his last firecat trip or the speedo photos.
Steve

·
Premium Member
4,428 Posts
Remember, you should be able to bottom it out OCCASIONALY. IF you dont you are set too tight and not utilizing all the travel.

I dont think that there is sled out there that can be collapsed.

Pat

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
Springs sack out pretty quick. Just put the Fat Boy springs on your standard F7. They are real easy to change on the F7. (no wheel bearings to pull)

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
Springs sack out pretty quick. Just put the Fat Boy springs on your standard F7. They are real easy to change on the F7. (no wheel bearings to pull)

·
Registered
530 Posts
To be honest i dont think that the suspension on our snopros is much better than the standard firecats. They have straight rate springs and resivoirs with maybe a little stiffer vavleing but you could easily change urs and have a even better suspension the the snopros. If i were you ride it this year see if it is really that bad. If u cant stand the ride go get some straight rate springs and maybe some clicker resivoirs and mayeget them revalved. It will cost a litle more but its better than going out and buying a snopro and putting clickers on it.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
the springs from cat are cheap, so this is a easy fix,
while you have the springs off do yourself a favor and get some aluminum cams for your spring setting, before the junk plastic ones strip or break,
black magic sells them for about 30 bucks

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Originally posted by ditchrider@Dec 14 2002, 12:31 AM
who wishes they would have got the sno pro instead of standard? i sure do and i havent even ridin my sled yet
Since you have not ridden it yet i'm wondreing if you have it setting on rollers, that will make it seem soft. If so set it on the floor and you'll see a big diff.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by zekester@Dec 14 2002, 09:57 PM
Since you have not ridden it yet i'm wondreing if you have it setting on rollers, that will make it seem soft. If so set it on the floor and you'll see a big diff.
i have already did and there is a difference but i think it still is soft

1 - 20 of 21 Posts