Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decide between Standard or Sno pro on a 06 zr 900. I know that on a standard you will get better top end speed but shocks are not as good as the ones offered on the sno pro. I have heard that with the sno pro model the larger track gets less top end speed, but tends to eat slidders on low snow conditions, or when riding on lakes. Please help me decide, I ride aggressive and I weight 160lbs.

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
Sno Pro easily. I have a 1999 ZL 600 which bottoms easy even on trails. No doubt go with the sno pro especially agressive riding.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
buy the standard and then get a set of air floats for the front and maybe the dealer will swap tracks for you and you could go up in lug height. Just the way i would like one if was to purchase also i weight about the same as youself. later

·
Registered
400 Posts
If there is any difference in top speed, it might be one or two MPH, not really enough to notice. IMO, better traction and better suspension (shocks) is the way to go.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Do you really care about the top end speed? I prefer something that's going to be fast corner-to-corner, and that can blitz through the rough stuff! :div20: Especially those deep whoops that develope in corners, or the big steep chop before and on bridges! A Sno Pro could make that big stuff smoother than diarrhea and not bottom out so much!!! :beerchug:

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
90 percent of the people on this site wish they would have bought a snow pro.. alot of people have turned standards into snow pros. Go with a sno pro

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I decided on buying the standard Zr900, should get the sled in one month. Thanks for all the help. :beerchug:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Your going to buy a standard model because everyone told you to buy a sno- pro?? I went throught the same thing you are about four months ago. I took everyones advice and got the sno-pro. Listen to the people that know.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Standard, STANDARD!!!! :banghead: Oh no! :lol2: Just kidding, I hope it works out for ya'!

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Originally posted by PushawZR9@Oct 17 2005, 11:51 AM
At 160 lbs. you made the right choice!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=934970
[/quote]
I agree :div20:
Put 500 miles on the stock setup and if you aren't happy with it call Fett Brothers at (218)334-FETT. Their Ride Tech suspension mod is the most effective mod I've made. Set up for your riding style and weight with a better ride than the Sno Pro AND better bottoming resistance. Same people that set up Kirk Hibberts' cross country sleds for years.
http://www.fettbrosperformance.com

1 - 11 of 11 Posts