Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 152 studs and 8" carbide. I also loosened up the front skid shock so there is about 3/8" thread exposed and removed the coupler blocks. I experience a slight push in the corners. Anyone drill a new hole? I want to try this out but don't know how far away to drill it? 1/2", 1", 1 1/2"? What have you guys done? Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
293 Posts
I have an F7, standard suspension, and mine had more holes. You can't see the middle one as it is underneath the Woody's stud backer. Middle hole is what you want! Much better! Reduces the turning radius as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
STANDARD F7 STRAP IS IN MIDDLE HOLE. MOVED TO 3 RD HOLE TO PULL UP ON SKID FRAME. 1 INCH THREAD ON REAR FRONT SHOCK. TIGHTEN UP FRONT SHOCKS ABOUT 1 1/2 THREAD LEFT. VERY IMPORTANT TO DO THIS.SKI TOW OUT.USING TAPE MEASURE MEASURE ACROSS REAR WEARBAR STUDS. THEN DO FRONT STUDS. ADJUST TIERODS ON EACH SIDE THE SAME AMOUNT UNTIL THE FRONT IS 1/8 TO 1/4 GREATER THAN REAR STUDS . MADE MY F7 GO FROM DARTING AND TIPPY TO ROCK AND ROLL!! :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,515 Posts
Originally posted by SABRECAT 700@Jan 26 2003, 10:14 PM
TIGHTEN UP FRONT SHOCKS ABOUT 1 1/2 THREAD LEFT. VERY IMPORTANT TO DO THIS.
On your ski springs, 1 1/2 THREADS left, or 1 1/2 INCHES left??? -- Roy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
879 Posts
1 1/2" Roy or your aluminum spring retainer would fall out with only 1 1/2 threads left. I tried this setup advice in the U.P. of Mich. this weekend, it works well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,515 Posts
Originally posted by fiver@Jan 26 2003, 11:03 PM
1 1/2" Roy or your aluminum spring retainer would fall out with only 1 1/2 threads left.  I tried this setup advice in the U.P. of Mich. this weekend, it works well.
That's why I asked actually. I've got in my notes that 2" was the minimum I could go on the (std) front shock springs. I'd think 1 1/2" would be very close to being TOO loose. -- Roy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Originally posted by CatMan9@Jan 26 2003, 09:33 PM
I have 152 studs and 8" carbide. I also loosened up the front skid shock so there is about 3/8" thread exposed and removed the coupler blocks. I experience a slight push in the corners. Anyone drill a new hole? I want to try this out but don't know how far away to drill it? 1/2", 1", 1 1/2"? What have you guys done? Thanks
Stock skis ? if so you are way over studded for those POS :rolleyes:
theres just not enough ski there to hold it hot in the corners even with 10"
of carbide.
get a good set of skis, put your coupler blocks back in!!
thats my 2 cents B)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Originally posted by CatMan9@Jan 26 2003, 09:33 PM
I have 152 studs and 8" carbide. I also loosened up the front skid shock so there is about 3/8" thread exposed and removed the coupler blocks. I experience a slight push in the corners. Anyone drill a new hole? I want to try this out but don't know how far away to drill it? 1/2", 1", 1 1/2"? What have you guys done? Thanks
There is also another hole drilled in the skid one inch farther to the back from the stock mount hole for the limiter stap. Between the 3 holes in the limiter strap and the two holes to mount to, there is 2 1/2 inches to play with.

Dan E.



and

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
good pictures.

keep in mind that if you go to the 3rd hole you will be giving up some rear arm travel. For that reason I don't recommend using the 3rd hole unless you are racing. The middle hole gives plenty of ski pressure.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top