Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 800 switchback that will shut down at idle every now and then. The engine sounds different just before it stalls.
It works perfect exept for this. Noticed that my PREM light on my dash only works when it wants to,also my( Perc) will not
work once and a while.Also my brake light on dash and rear light will only work if I bring my RPM to over 1500. Some days
everything I listed above works ok.I check wires and connections all seem ok. Any one have any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have an 05 RMK 800 that was stalling every now and again for no apperent reason. I disconnected my kill switch and it has never happened since. Worth a shot as it is as easy as disconnecting a two wire connector.
mark

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Marc but I tried that and nothing changed. Does any one know how to test my stator? I'm not sure if this is worth
checking or not. My headlight seams to drop alot when turn hand warmers on at idle.

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
It should not be adjusted to idle below 1500. Idling too low not enough voltage to power all the electrical. Set the idle to 15-1700 rpm warm engine. Large "knob" between the carbs. turn clockwise to raise idle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts