Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how are the trails in st helen ill be up thursday .... can someone tell me what kind of snow they have and if i will be wasting my time or should i come up and ride and have a ball..... any input would be greatly appreciated thanks and have a great night......JIM

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have been nursing a cold and sinus infection for the past few days so I haven't been out. I went out after we got our initial 4 inches, and that was a good start since it was such a "heavy" 4 inches. That's when I saw where someone had driven down Trail 6 with a 4x4 when it was soft and left ruts that were about 8 inches deep in spots.
Since then we've had an inch here, and inch there, and about an inch and a half last night. Temp has been staying between 28 and 34 degrees day and night. The ground was not frozen when the snow came, and that doesn't help either.
Hopefully I will be able to make it out later today or tomorrow. I'll a better update then.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the pics Michigan I owe u a drink ,,, looks like it should be go to go dont ya think ?????

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
ITS GO TIME!

I'm going this weekend.
gonna ride to ma deeters again. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Thinking about heading up early Saturday morning riding the day and coming back down Saturday night. As of right now it's looking like it just might be myself if anyone wants to meet up let me know.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
I think i might ride from rose city to houghton lake (tip up town) on Saturday.
then Sunday ride from south branch to luzurne (ma deeters)

PM me if interested.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Rode from Rose city (Trail 6 & M-33)
To Houghton Lake (about 150 miles round trip), Trail 6 to 654 to 655.
Excellent trails about noon from Rose city past St. Helen.
Closer to Houghton Lake they got dirty.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
I rode from St. Helen to Houghton then from Houghton towards Rose City and back to St. Helen, the trails were pretty good. They were well groomed and even though there was a fair amount of traffic they were holding up well! Dog
[attachment=417746:DSCF0007.JPG] [attachment=417747:DSCF0019.JPG]

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
I see a least 10 trucks on the trail today... 4-5 Quads, some 2wd.

Not that I care, but it was the most wheeled vehicles I've ever seen while riding.

Dog, Bring on the pics!

might want to downsize em a bit first ;)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Meet up with b.lee and his girlfriend on saturday. Drove up Saturday morning, Rode, than drove back home Saturday night.

I would have to agree the trails were good they seemed to be better going towards Houghton Lake because on the way back they seem to be torn up and had a lot more moguls that I remember were there. Almost got bucked off hard pretty good when I came around a turn hitting the moguls and the ski caught a good one when it was turned. Around Houghton lake there seemed to be more corners that had the inside torn up but it was just down to the ice base and not the ground itself.

I spent a lot of time riding first and I swear I think I almost got hit 10 times by people coming around blind corners, guy riding on the wrong side of the trail, guy riding with his small child and coming within inches of my ski because he still had a foot left to move over on his side. There was probably 10-12yr old kid playing on a fusion 900 in a large area that the trail crossed through that just missed me because he couldn't control it.

In general good day of riding, damn it was cold out there espically when the left hand warmers decided to be pesky and stop working so I think at the end of the trip home my two fingers were starting to get a case of frost bite as they were hurting something bad.

Total Miles for Saturday
340 Miles Driving
150 Miles Riding

·
Registered
136 Posts
rode st. helen to atlanta and back again. Stayed away from the TUT area. I too hat lots of problems with people all over the trail and not getting over. I almosted landed on someone while on the muskrat loop near lewiston. I was all the way to the right and hit one of the hill peaks. They were on a 2-up right smack in the middle of the trail. I'm sure they called it a day after that.

Trails were good and snow was WAY better north of Luzerne. Rode 177 miles on saturday, but decided to head home early today because I got a bit of frostbite on my face and didn't feel like freezing my arse off again. (BTW thermo said -7 at 8am today)

·
Registered
55 Posts
I almost got smoked at least 10 times yesterday myself between tut and harrison. The worst time I came around a blind corner and there was 2 guys riding side by side coming in to the corner, what the hell were they thinking, that guy was all over trying to get out of my lane.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
I see a least 10 trucks on the trail today... 4-5 Quads, some 2wd.

Not that I care, but it was the most wheeled vehicles I've ever seen while riding.

Dog, Bring on the pics!

might want to downsize em a bit first ;)[/b]
How's this?
[attachment=418173:s2.JPG]
[attachment=418174:s3.JPG]
[attachment=418172:s1.JPG]
And yes I saw some idiots on the trail riding on the wrong side as I came around curves. WTF the trail isn't big enough for them?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts