Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With cancellation of the radar run on Big St. Germain lake next weekend.
Does anyone know of any good events going on within a few hours snowmobile ride of St. Germain?
If not send me your favorite reasturant/ pub outside of St. Germain.
We have been to all the local St. Germain pubs many times. We are looking to get some new destination trips down on the calendar.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bent's Camp in Land o Lakes is a great destination.

They also host a radar run in mid-February

Bent's Camp Resort, Restaurant, and Bar in Land O' Lakes, WI
Oh yea, that is a perfect run. We will make a run to Bents's Camp. Looks like the Radar run is 14th and 15th along with Bikini run :buni:

" Saturday, February 15th, 2020
The Annual Bent's Camp Radar Run is back on Saturday, February 15th, 2020, featuring classes and prizes for all size sleds. Food and drinks served on the lake at our outdoor ice bar! Bikini run starts at 3 pm, followed by live music at 4:30 pm. Join us for an action packed day on Mamie Lake!

New this year: The Snow Outlaws! Watch as some of the fastest sleds on Earth race at Bent's Camp. Details to be announced.

Thanks for that. That takes care of one day of sledding.

·
Registered
15 Posts
After hearing several people mention Bauer's Dam near Conover, I decided to go there last weekend starting from Arbor Vitae. It was a smaller bar with good "bar" food but a little pricey. I'm still not sure of the attraction but people at the bar said it's known for sledders " shooting the dam" . There is always open water safely away from the trail and people randomly drive their sleds over the open water. I was there at night so I can't confirm nor deny this happens but if it's true, that would be fun to watch.

·
Registered
'17 ZR9000RR
1,592 Posts
After hearing several people mention Bauer's Dam near Conover, I decided to go there last weekend starting from Arbor Vitae. It was a smaller bar with good "bar" food but a little pricey. I'm still not sure of the attraction but people at the bar said it's known for sledders " shooting the dam" . There is always open water safely away from the trail and people randomly drive their sleds over the open water. I was there at night so I can't confirm nor deny this happens but if it's true, that would be fun to watch.
Hit Bauer's Dam during the day. Busy place

·
Registered
939 Posts
You can go to Hurley if you want you stuff messed with or stolen.
Go up towards Land-o-Lakes snow and trails are in excellent condition . At least last week they were.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I read his posts. What you are saying is a lie.
Ok heres one of them
Yeah I don't do that. I'm going to bypass a rutted out corner in a field by a few feet to avoid land damage tho. That way I don't hurt their frozen chisel plowed manure
And don't bother looking for more because your obviously avoiding all of the many posts he has advocating cutting off trails like it's some right. And if your defending him you go right ahead then you belong with all those that don't care and want to see trails closed, good luck

·
Registered
412 Posts
Ok heres one of them

And don't bother looking for more because your obviously avoiding all of the many posts he has advocating cutting off trails like it's some right. And if your defending him you go right ahead then you belong with all those that don't care and want to see trails closed, good luck
That thread was closed. I'm reporting you for trolling.

And a few feet is not the same as 'ripping off trail'; minimizing damage to the land below is important. Use common sense. :bigfinger:

·
Registered
744 Posts
I have never said that. Ever.

You are full of shit.
Oh I'm sorry I just misunderstood you, I must have been imagining things on the 3+ legal cases you sited as proof that it's better for trails in farm fields to be run offline not in the track widths of the trail (trespassing)and cutting corners inside the trail is better for the ground (trespassing) and that your trail you run on its too rough so you go outside of the trail because , lets see, oh ya it's fresh powder so it doesn't hurt so bad and then went on and on about how it's better to do it your way and after all that wouldn't divulge what club you belong to.

Ya I'm so sorry I was just imagining all that. Ya you never do any of that I know, you never cut corners or go outside any trail markers I got it, And I guess i missed the post where you actually named your club you belong to, My bad.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
That thread was closed. I'm reporting you for trolling.

And a few feet is not the same as 'ripping off trail'; minimizing damage to the land below is important. Use common sense. :bigfinger:
Don't give this puffy chested clodhopper the time a day....he is from Franklin in SE WI.... IF and I say IF the trails open in his area they are down to dirt in a couple hours in some cases....a few days in others. EVERYONE cuts the corners a bit and skirts the edges when the trails get beat....and the landowners don't piss and moan about it because they are a lot brighter than this loudmouth BS'er.

To the OP...
SORRY FOR THE EFFED UP HIJACK...

Bents camp sounds like the place to be....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts