Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the Benedict Arnold in St George a risky place to stay if your from USA?

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
NEVER, EVER, NEVER, EVER NEVER (get the point) leave your sleds unlocked and out of site. There has been some good post on this site regarding how to secure your truck, trailer and sleds while ridding in Canada. Worth the time to review if you’re going there. Great place to ride but be on guard….there’s thieves in them there hills!

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
seems that this season thefts out of there are more than last couple, take precautions but hotel is actual nice and he steakhouse is really good

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
I have been to this hotel 3 time and have never had any issues. The last time we were up there there was some theft. The next day the owner of the hotel put in a big gate(we were there while they were installing it) at the parking lot. So all the vehicles are secure. Great place to stay and the food is fantastic. There is also a good tittie bar, Club 55, right down the street. I would not be concerned.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I have stayed there upwards of 20 times with no problems but have heard of plenty. Be smart with your stuff and use common sense and you should be okay.

·
Registered
8,543 Posts
Originally posted by renegade18@Feb 28 2006, 08:55 PM
I have been to this hotel 3 time and have never had any issues.  The last time we were up there there was some theft.  The next day the owner of the hotel put in a big gate(we were there while they were installing it) at the parking lot.  So all the vehicles are secure.  Great place to stay and the food is fantastic.  There is also a good tittie bar, Club 55, right down the street.  I would not be concerned.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=1410505
[/quote]
Bar 55

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Originally posted by renegade18@Feb 28 2006, 08:55 PM
I have been to this hotel 3 time and have never had any issues.  The last time we were up there there was some theft.  The next day the owner of the hotel put in a big gate(we were there while they were installing it) at the parking lot.  So all the vehicles are secure.  Great place to stay and the food is fantastic.  There is also a good tittie bar, Club 55, right down the street.  I would not be concerned.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=1410505
[/quote]

that gate hasn't stopped a couple of rigs from disappearing the last few weeks. 1 disappeared from there Friday the 11th and another the next weekend. funny thing is they did the gate on only 1 of the 2 exits, you can just ride around the building or down the trail right onto the road. I guaranty if you called them they would say no issues but my trailer was broken into the 6th when I was there. fortuantely with the ski doos they aren't that easy to take and my gear was not in the trailer.

that said I'd stay there again and I'd take some basic precautions cable my sleds outside my room rather than leaving them on the trailer. Every sled should have a kryptonite cable lock with them and lock them together which makes it real hard to steal.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Originally posted by bondobendr@Feb 28 2006, 09:34 PM
Bar 55
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=1410711
[/quote]

ahh the double nickles

I have 2 buddies that will be there tonight, we were going to ride St. George to Riviere Du Loup and back tomorrow, I would have been but Mother in Law has Cancer and has surgery in tomorrow.

·
Registered
428 Posts
they also have a snowmobile shed they lock up at 7pm and re-open at 7am. And they have great massage's for 60 bucks in hour. And bar 55 is so sweet but remember your not in a different state your in a different country

·
Registered
998 Posts
Originally posted by legend700@Mar 1 2006, 09:31 AM
that gate hasn't stopped a couple of rigs from disappearing the last few weeks.  1 disappeared from there Friday the 11th and another the next weekend.  funny thing is they did the gate on only 1 of the 2 exits,  you can just ride around the building or down the trail right onto the road. <div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=1411931
[/quote]
Yep, that truck, trailer & sleds were from a friend of mine.
Look for the camera's and park near them.
Cover your VIN#. They seem to be after GM vehicles, maybe inside guy cutting keys. :dunno:

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'd say it's one of the safer places to stay in QC and the food can't be beat. The prime rib is the best I've had anywhere by a mile. For what its worth I was there a few days ago and the trails were great.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Originally posted by Lightning Rod@Mar 4 2006, 08:38 PM
Yep, that truck, trailer & sleds were from a friend of mine.
Look for the camera's and park near them.
Cover your VIN#. They seem to be after GM vehicles, maybe inside guy cutting keys. :dunno:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=1425316
[/quote]
it's someone at the local dealer involved because they are definately cutting keys.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts