Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this post off "another" website. I think it is BS, but I want to see if others think that this is even remotely possible. Keep in mind, that the poster never says it, but hints that the SRX700 is STOCK. Personally, I smoked the only SRX700 I raced. You be the judge.

F7 vs 2002 SRX results....shocking

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The guys at the Yamaha dealer here really wanted to to test the limits of a Firecat. They had a 2002 SRX with about 300 miles come in(one of the yammy dealers buddies) and get it tuned just right for the conditions. It was about -10 and the track was all hard packed in a quarter mile (after that it starts to get rough) Another one of the yammy dealer's buddies came over to the track on a completely stock F7(it was also tuned for conditions). They lined up and off they went......the results are shocking(at least i think so). The firecat hooked a good hole shot but after around 70 mph the SRX stretched out and ran that cat down. The SRX beat her by about 2.5-3 lenghts on a 1/4 mile track. I jumped on the F7 and the yammy dealer guy jumped on the SRX and the same results.(the F7's speedo was at 128 and the SRX's speedo was running at about 130-135. We raced a few more times and the same results....SHOCKING!!!

·
Registered
978 Posts
i wouldn't doubt that those results... the f7 will get the holeshot, but that triple triple 700, all aerodynamic and low is very fast for a stock sled

neone else think otherwise?

·
Registered
289 Posts
I call bull$hit.
Those speeds are way out of line, unless they are kilometer per hour.
I know my F7 blew away 2 SRX 700 in a local weekend race event.
But whatever it takes to give those yammasquaw loosers hope will end up in the www.
Evil

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But 135 mph?? and 128? for the Firecat. I thought GLS said top speed of a Firecat in ideal conditions was 122??

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ok guys, this type of BS doesn't belong on this quality site. Anyone who has ever ridden a snowmobile much in their life knows how hard it is to reach a true 100 MPH, let alone a 130+MPH. I have had many modified sleds and 115+ is damn hard to obtain on a stock snowmobile. Just my two cents worth......

·
Registered
978 Posts
thats true i wasn't paying attention to the numbers, just the difference in the numbers, if those were both top speeds they would look fair if they were down a good 10 mph each, but the spacing looks like what would happen between an srx an the f7,

true 100 isn't that hard, we did 103 radar in 500 ft on a slippery slushy lake on a zr 800 last year

i'll say the speeds are definatly not true...but as far as TOP TOP SPEED a triple can put out a little more top end then (=cc's) a twin, think of the physics of the twin compared to a triple

·
Registered
504 Posts
hahaha that is off maximumsled hahaha
that site is now full of b.s. like that one kid that gained 11 Mph by changing spark plugs hahaha he said that is F5 is hitting 115 Mph because he changes his plugs

·
Registered
978 Posts
whats wrong with that? i gained 7 when i used cam 2 fuel...

just kiddin

but really i couldn't see an f7 beatin a nicely tuned srx's top end....

·
Registered
676 Posts
It's BS. Who even cares, anybody with F7 know that a stock SRX is not even close. I owned an SRX and the dastest I ever had in 2000 plus feet was 112. Plus if it got rough the SRX would have to let off because that thing would rattle your fillings loose.

Just my 2 cents!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry I posted it. I just get so angry when I read this stuff, and the guy over there is so insistant that he is right and that is what happened. I guess I started to doubt myself and wanted some back up.

I have gotten my F7 with Dan's clutch kit up to 107 on a hard pack lake. The sled was still pulling up to that point, but 128 ??

Sorry, there I go again, what a temper. :angry:

·
Registered
831 Posts
What exactly is "set up for the conditions" ? Look at a gearing chart, I think it's impossible to reach those speeds with stock gears!?!?! :wacko:

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
i was dooling it out with an srx on the river last weekend and i do have to admit them srx do run good! but he would get so pissed of when he choulden't pass me :lol: :lol: :lol: and i would cover him with water!

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
I raced a srx on houghton lake last weekend. we raced from a rolling start and I walked him. I let off around 95 or so and was in front. I slowed down and he rode right next to me and so I launched again and the same thing. I pulled away. I don't know how far it was , but for speeds up to 95 or so, it wasn't close. As for those top end speeds....seems exagerated to me.

·
Registered
102 Posts
This whole thing about stock sled speeds above 120mph. I agree, look at the gearing, thats as fast as the sled will go at the engines rpm. I call it terminal velocity. It can't go any faster... and most sleds are geared for around 105 mph with some overdrive.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Stock gears with full overdrive shift out at 8200 RPM is 118.68 on F&

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Those speeds must be kilometers. You did not mention tracks or studs. We all know this will make a differance.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts