Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 srx 700 that tracks all over the trail!!! I have tried different positions on the limiter straps as well as changing the pre load on the skis.
When sitting on a flat surface, only about 10 inches of the track up front is touching the ground!!!!
Regardless of snow cond. with the exception of a hard setup trail, the seld goes all over the place. Basically from one side of the trail to the other.
Has anyone else experinced this problem with a 2000????
Any insight would be much appreciated!!!!!!!!!

2,329 Posts
Originally posted by vintageblizzard@Aug 30 2005, 05:43 PM
I have a 2000 srx 700 that tracks all over the trail!!! I have tried different positions on the limiter straps as well as changing the pre load on the skis.
When sitting on a flat surface, only about 10 inches of the track up front is touching the ground!!!!
Regardless of snow cond. with the exception of a hard setup trail, the seld goes all over the place. Basically from one side of the trail to the other.
Has anyone else experinced this problem with a 2000????
Any insight would be much appreciated!!!!!!!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=853817
[/quote]
I had an 01 srx, and i couldn't keep the front end on the ground, i pulled the straps all the way up. doing that you will loose some of the hole shot but it handled much better after that. i also added the largest carbide i could find. it handled like it was on rails, through the twisties not many could keep up :div20: I guees it depends what your riding stile is? if your aggressive, try the set-up i mentioned :beerchug:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by PARKINDALE TRAILRIPPERS ASSO@Aug 30 2005, 07:07 PM
I had an 01 srx, and i couldn't keep the front end on the ground, i pulled the straps all the way up.  doing that you will loose some of the hole shot but it handled much better after that. i also added the largest carbide i could find.  it handled like it was on rails, through the twisties not many could keep up  :div20: I guees it depends what your riding stile is?  if your aggressive, try the set-up i mentioned  :beerchug:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=853955
[/quote]

Doesnt matter what style im riding. On long straight aways when your doing 50 plus the thing is alllllll over the trail!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Check this out.....

TY Tech Page

Look at the Darting and ski bumper shim article :banana:

·
Registered
20,648 Posts
I have no Idea what you would adjust on the yammi suspension as I dont have one or seen one but you need to loosen you limiter straps in the rear suspension to set more of the track on the ground. That will give less ski pressure which will help with the darting.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
My Dad had a 97 600sx, he put the Yamaha plastic skis on it, and it did exactly like you said. It was all over the trail, it was actually scarey to ride. We tried everything, toe-in, toe-out, ski pressure, everything. We just couldn't fix it. He bought some USI Bandits, they were awesome from the start. My cousins boyfriend bought the skis off my Dad and put them on his 97 700sx and they worked just fine. I have no idea why this happened????

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Originally posted by vintageblizzard@Aug 30 2005, 07:44 PM
Doesnt matter what style im riding. On long straight aways when your doing 50 plus the thing is alllllll over the trail!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=854051
[/quote]
simmons skis will cure it. had one and that was i put on to cure my darting problem. still run them to this day on my apex.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts