Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this happen a couple of times now. First time i noticed it was when i was running it on the stand in the garage. I started hearing a squealing sounds from the drive shaft area. Couldn't really put my finger on it. It almost sounded like it was coming from the drivers rubbing on the track. I doused it down with wd-40 and it went away. Now this past weekend when we were on forest roads, we came into town with no snow at all. Ran the ditch for about 2 blocks worth with no snow and i started hearing the squealing again. Sounded pretty bad. The slides were hot as heck, was putting melted slide on the clips. Not sure what is getting hot and squealing, i am wondering if it is the clutch side lowwer bearing? Not sure, still original bearings over there, new in the chaincase. I don't want to tear it apart and replace if that is not it. Anyone had this happen before?

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
i am wondering if it is the clutch side lowwer bearing? Not sure, still original bearings over there, new in the chaincase. I don't want to tear it apart and replace if that is not it. Anyone had this happen before?[/b]
Sounds like bad news...You should've replaced bearings on both sides once you got the skids and track out. :dunno:

IMO, It's the best if you had replaced everything new once you're working underneath of your sled. In that case, I'm speaking of Driveshaft bearings, Idler wheels/bearings, Hyfaxs and revalving shocks to keep your sled in top notch running condition. :div20:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts