Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody besides me have a really squeaky brake? Whats the easiest way to take the pads off and clean them along with the rotor? Can I use regular brake cleaner spray? Do I really have to disassemble? By the way it's an F7. Thanks! :huh:

·
Registered
127 Posts
hi
Mine brakes Squeakes also after a while, you could say when the brakes have got warm. I have a red team F7 snopro. My dealer said they would fix it.

·
Registered
720 Posts
There was a tech note from Black Magic a while back about breaking in your new brake pads so they don't squeak. I will have to see if I can find it. Anyone remember that one??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mike C that would be great if you could find that post . Thanks I love my F7 , so far no problems with sled other than the squeaky brake. :D

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Yeah i remember.
Is your brake squealing?

We have seen this happen to many sleds here at Black Magic. A new sled will squeal like a stuck pig when hitting the binders for a corner. Why should this happen if the sled is new? We have seen over the years (since the introduction of hydraulic brakes) that if they are "broke-in" properly, this "howl" will not happen. This "break-in" period is a very simple task to perform. Simply put your sled on an enclosed stand (pointed in a safe direction) and fire it up.

Making sure the coolant, oil and gas tanks are full, rev up the sled and cycle the brakes. Cycling the brakes is accomplished by winding up the track to about 40-50 mph and then applying the brake. Let off and rev it up again. Do this 4-5 times or until you think the brake pads and disc are warm. Let the sled cool off and repeat one more time. This will condition the brake pads and the disc to help alleviate the "howl" that some of us have experienced.

Of course, this procedure is only effective on a chassis that is new with no miles on the brake pads or disc. Give it a try![/b]

·
Registered
720 Posts
Thanks F7 Ditch Jumper, that is it. ;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
SO.........IF YOU DID NOT DO THIS FIRST,WE HAVE GOT TO LIVE WITH SQUEAKY BRAKES? THEIR MUST BE A EASY SOLUTION....... ANYBODY?

·
Registered
171 Posts
yeah i agree there must be a way to make it so they don't squeak after you have miles on them

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
I did the brake pad "break in" procedure that Black Magic recomended on my F7 that has 0 miles. I had the hood up while I was doing the procedure and noticed when I would rev up the engine to 40-50 MPH, a small amount of sparks were coming out of the brake pad/rotor assy.

I'm assuming that this might be normal due to the 'semi-metalic' brake pad material..??
-John

·
Registered
772 Posts
i broke in the pads as they said..alwasy have done it i guess...and my buddy didnt..his squeaks when he hits his breaks..mine...just that quiet shew shew sheeew....till i stop :) makes a difference...!! try throwing some cleaner on there..and REDO the steps..throw it on the stand and rev her up and pump the break till the track stops..keeping doing a several times..and maybe it will work?? its cheap to try!

·
Registered
171 Posts
i took the pads out and cleaned them started it and and reved it then stoped it no noise

1 - 13 of 13 Posts