Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Board I'm getting SPY googles which ones you reccomend,lens color.And where can I get the best price.
Thanks Tugthrill

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
heck, i dont even know where to get them, see tucker wears them, they look cool!
i just bought a pair of smith turbo caribo, they have a fan in them
i will conquer this fogging problem if its the last thing i do! :wacko:

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
This year I made the change to a Motocross style helmet with goggles. I have a KBC helmet with a pair of Scott High Voltage SNOWCROSS goggles (black frames with AMP Blue lens). I would highly recommend these goggles and the lens colour (for day or night riding). I also hear good things about the orange tinted lens.

http://www.scottusa.com/proddetail.jsp?UID=2322

You can get SPY goggles at Royaldistributing.com pg 51.

http://www.royaldistributing.com/servlet/M...age=index1.html

I do not know if they are worth the extra $$.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree with Red Rocket. I have the same goggles and the Blue lense in great! I ride with it at night with no problems, and it's even better on a bright sunny day. It's easier on the eyes, and it also brings out the contrast in the snow more, so you can actually see better.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Go with the Blizzard Snow or Alloy MX. Lens color depends on the conditions, but the yellow works well all the time.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a pair of Smith goggles witht the double lens, they are tinted yellow and i have never had a problem even at night. I love the double lens and have never had a fog problem, 30+ or 20- they have never fogged. I just switched this year to a motorcross helmet and i would never go back.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just bought a new pair of Scott Hi Voltage goggles, but have yet to try them out. They seem like great goggles, and I love the blue tint, really brightens things up. I wasn't sure if mine were the snowcross version or the regular one, but after looking on the site, it seems the snowcross versions have the blue tinted lenses and the regular ones dont.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
jwifferdill:

If you look closely at the Scott website you will notice that the Snowcross version of the High Voltage has larger foam around the frame. You can really notice it on the top of the goggle. Also, the snowcross version has Translucent coloured frames and the standard Hi Voltage does not.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yep, Red Rocket, I must have gotten the snowcross version because I have the blue tint. Didn't really notice an excess of padding by the nose, but these goggles look absolutely great. Can't wait to try them out this weekend, as we finally got some snow. Hopefully I don't have fogging issues, as this will be my first Sno-x helmet with goggles. Always had a full face, and figured better give that up so I can start seeing again...:)

·
Registered
504 Posts
i have a set of red targas with the bronze lens
they work great. haven't fogged once. i bought thenm at a skate and snowboard shop. i was goin to get the blizzard but they are alot more $ and the guy at the shop said that the only real different is that they have a fancy strap.

Attachments

·
Registered
580 Posts
I bought a HJC helmet this year and oakley goggles with the Persimmon
lens, works great in overcast days, I have the black iridium for sunny days, I wont go back to full face helmets

·
Registered
530 Posts
This is the PROGRIP super goggle:
Duo layered light sensitive lens is no-fog, anti UV, 1 mm. scratch-resistant.
New ergonomical design follows the human form.
High performance, maximum confortability.
Double density foam.
Silicone treated strap.
Transparent colors come with lens # 3210.
Carbon Look version comes with lens # 3298.
Lightweight velvet coating for sweaty forehead.
Air flow holes.

And only 40 bucks too

Attachments

·
Registered
580 Posts
What is the web addy for the progrip supper goggles?

·
Registered
962 Posts
I run a thor mx helmet w/ okaly snowcross O frame carbon fiber and some days smith warps but they tend to fog on me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I use these exact gogs and couldn't look any better. got the orange/yellow lenz, fuckin awesome in the day! :ph34r:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts