Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has a serious stuttering problem in deep powder or when I punch it from a dead stop. It almost seems like its gettin too much gas. Anyone had this same prob? Jets?

·
Banned
10,423 Posts
by any chance runnin a can? if so call me, i'll pm my number(too long to explain, plus all others would say b.s.), but it has happened a lot!

·
Banned
10,423 Posts

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
My sled is that the dealer for the 3rd time right now for the same problem you are having.

The first time it was there, they said they checked out the EFI with there analyzer or what ever it is, and they the EFI system was ok.

My problem was broght to the attention of two Arctic Cat engineers and they both said to have a volume test done on the oil pump.

I hope the dealer will find the oil pump bad and replace it then I would be good to go. it was bad at the end of the season, wide open run from a dead stop was way slow.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Might be the clutches sucking the belt down.

·
Registered
314 Posts
The 04's came stock with 510n mains, rediculous rich. At around 1000 ft of elevation they can be safely jetted down to 460 mains with the needle dropped one position (raise e-clip) to lean out the midrange some. Mine & my brothers are jetted this way & we have rode in temps well below zero with no problems. This set up really cleans up the running quality & makes the carb f7 run the way it should. :div20:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When I first got it it was the worst. I brought it back to the dealer a couple of times and they tried to fix it but failed. I havent done anything to the secondary clutch or the jets yet. I'm gonna get on it shortly, I just wish that I knew which it was. It could very well be the oil pump too because she smokes blue in deep snow. What does the secondary clutch update involve?

·
Registered
314 Posts
The only secondary update I know of is with the 05 sleds. The stock clutching on the 04's is pretty darn good. If your dealer jetted it down to 480's with the update it is still to rich. Pretty much any carbed sled will smoke & blubber a little after it has sat & idled for a while but it should not while your actually under power. Jet down to 460's & raise the e-clip one spot, it'll make a huge differance.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had the same problem with my 04 f-7 carb, last year. I though all kinds of things, but it turned out to be water in the carbs. I thought some dry gas would solve the problem, but it didn't. I removed the carbs and fuel lines and flushed with carb cleaner, problem solved.

For some reason water was much harder to remove than any other sled i have owned.

Good luck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts