Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:p AFTER 2500 miles im putting the firecat to sleep and getting the boat ready, yes i could still ride here in new hampshire , but its march and time to move to the next hobby ! it was nice meeting other forum members and riding all winter , hope to riode agin next year as well. this winter was awsome to say the least !
sorry for you guys that had no snow, bummer ........... :(

·
Administrator
20,853 Posts
So now the question is going to be ... what does everyone do when getting their sled ready for storage?

I'd be interested to hear (especially the EFI guys) what steps to take.

My plan is to:
1. Go over all the bolts and make sure everything's good and tight
2. Wash/Wax
3. Grease it
4. Stabil in the gas (also maybe a fuel injection cleaner?)
5. Pull the plugs and pour a little oil in the cylinders
6. Pull the belt
7. Cover it and keep in on the stand

Also, for the guys who REALLY want to clean it ... what do you plan on doing to get motor area cleaned up?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Storage? Up here in Toronto, we just got 10" of Snow overnight, were still having serious sub-zero temps and the lakes are still getting thicker. I would guess we still have another 4-5 weeks easy.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Please don't even think about this great season being close to over. Another month at least if the snow and cold temp's hold here in Ontario. After the last few low snow and short winters we're due a good long one. May is a pleasant month for sled summerization / storage and PWC summerization / launching.

Thinking Snow!
Always!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Sorry to here that you are putting your sled away already. Normally, I would be doing the same in March, but we are having a great winter in Ontario Canada and winter is going to be here for a few more weeks (Another 8 inches of white gold today in Toronto - very unusual for March).

After 4 light winters, this has been a great year to buy a Firecat and a winterized cottage.

·
Registered
978 Posts
are you crazy? were sellin our boat, jsut because we take all summer gettin the sleds ready for the next season

MARCH our last ride is usually at least st patricks day!

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i know i know, i can still ride right at my house and all over, but i do really have to get the boat ready for this upcoming season. running a boat at 110-120 mph takes some preperation and i do need to save some pennies to buy some props and at 800+ bucks a piece it can add up !

·
Registered
81 Posts
Snowing as I'm typing. I don't usually put the sleds away till the 1st of April. But here in Northern Ny, and I do mean way northern, I've seen it snow in May. :p

·
Registered
245 Posts
Dana...Come on. We had this talk already on the last ride..... :rolleyes: KEEP THAT BASTARD OUT FOR 2 MORE WEEKS. We are riding in PITTSBURG NH next weekend and are hopin you tag along.

That is a SERIOUS PROBLEM you got there..... MARCH, and your talking BOATS. PUHLEEZE :wacko: Well keep me informed.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
I hope to be riding at least until late April, maybe into May!! Winter is just a little over half over here!! :p SPRING--- WHO NEEDS IT!!! :angry:

·
Registered
514 Posts
Originally posted by zbar@Mar 5 2003, 12:06 PM
Snowing as I'm typing. I don't usually put the sleds away till the 1st of April. But here in Northern Ny, and I do mean way northern, I've seen it snow in May. :p
Snowing here too, started last evening and hasn't stopped yet. I'm debating on pulling the sled off the trailer and going out, since we are leaving early a.m. to get in a long ride.

We have rode into mid April before, maybe another winter for that this year.

Matt said you got a new sled... how are you liking it? We didn't recognize you that day near Loon Lake or we would have stopped. Matt said later that you guys passed us there.

·
Registered
191 Posts
don`t say spring!!!!!! I love my F7 so much I wish AC made a grass cutting attachment for it so I could ride it all summer! :p

·
Registered
8,701 Posts
NOOOOOOOOO SPRING. that means i would have to go back to work... and i hate work. plus we still have quite a bit of snow, rained a couple times here, but didn't hurt us 2 much. lakes are still loaded with ice, trails are HARD, but i plan on riding through this month, even if it means i gotta travel. been a while since i rode tug hill.

H

·
0 Posts
i can ride till may cuz the snow doesnt really start melting till then... :p

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Dana...Please...you do nothing all day at work...lol...just work on your boat then...and ride on the weekends till there's more grass than snow...who knows next year it could be a warm year like last and it all evens out.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts