Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone who had their pipe crack open, did you notice any damage to the pistons afterwards. Mine split on a ride yesterday and I had to ride it 75 miles with the crack(right on the U bend on the very front). It's at the dealer right now hopefully getting welded, I was just wondering how long it would take for the lack of back pressure to melt pistons :unsure:

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
My pistons scored after riding it about 15miles with a cracked pipe mine cracked in the same spot yours did. No one will let me know if the cracked pipe is the reason for the scored pistons.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Mine also cracked at the bend rode it about forty miles home. About five miles from the camp it separated so bad it melted the hood. Pistons have no damage. Dealer gave me a new pipe and ordered a new hood. :p

·
Registered
149 Posts
Mine also cracked at the bend rode it about forty miles home. About five miles from the camp it separated so bad it melted the hood. Pistons have no damage. Dealer gave me a new pipe and ordered a new hood. :p

·
Registered
28 Posts
Howdy - fiunally got mine back from the crash - 6 weeks and $8000 Canadian, later it's back! Noticed that the pipe is split as well with a little leaking from the seam. Is this a warranty thing - I've seen a few people already saying the same thing ? - A new pipe or not?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts