Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Teflon for metal on metal is just retarded. Teflon is made to wick grease, dirt, food, whatever, off of cooking surfaces. It will NOT prevent metal on metal wear, ever rub a fork on a teflon pan? The teflon comes right off. Try rubbing two teflon pans together, they don't do crap all to protect each other, it's snake oil and a gimmick. In fact not only does it not protect against metal on metal but because of it's ability to reflect dirt\oil the engine oil actually runs away from rings and bearings and you get LESS lube getting in there. Crapola and never buy them or throw teflon in ANY engine :beerchug:

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Excellent piston. Many guys in the western states are using nitrous with these pistons and haven't had failures. Bill Cudney uses SPI pistons and has had excellent results in the many motors he's built. As for tolerances, I've built 4 660 motors using the SPI's. Millenium has measured all the pistons within .0003". The only negative about the piston is crappy circlips and rings that have poor end gap sizing. They're usually .005" for 700 Liberty motors. Not a big deal really. Just get out the file.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Excellent piston. Many guys in the western states are using nitrous with these pistons and haven't had failures. Bill Cudney uses SPI pistons and has had excellent results in the many motors he's built. As for tolerances, I've built 4 660 motors using the SPI's. Millenium has measured all the pistons within .0003". The only negative about the piston is crappy circlips and rings that have poor end gap sizing. They're usually .005" for 700 Liberty motors. Not a big deal really. Just get out the file.[/b]
Did a 600 with SPI's and my 700. both sets needed the rings filed. I run a 40 hp shot of nitrous and all has gone well for both motors?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts