Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cat dealer sells speedwerx products and he tells me they are releasing a new secondary that will fix the clutch problems on 05 f7 sno pro anybody have any info.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Black diamond is selling the secondary clutch which fits the 06s. Not 100% sure but that could be what speedwerx is selling.
Only 189 bucks too, cheap

·
Super Moderator
5,671 Posts
That's a great deal! Is it just for the sheaves and you use your old parts?

Jester

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Originally posted by Jester@Sep 12 2005, 10:52 AM
That's a great deal! Is it just for the sheaves and you use your old parts?

Jester
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=870818
[/quote]

Ooops, its $199 not $189 us.

Jester, you use your own spring, cam and rollers. Its the 10.4" conversion kit from Black Diamond. We will be stocking a few and trying them out of course!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh canada or jester do you think the 10.4 kit is better than the mod from dd or bikeman and which belt is best to use .

·
Super Moderator
5,671 Posts
To be honest i am not sure. This is a new deal and i am not aware of what the difference might be or if the result is the same. Anyone?

For that price I am just going to get the sheaves. Great price Dan!

If I recollect I think dead1dave was using this! How about it Dave?

Thanks

Jester

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
From what I have read the secondary mod works just fine..
Only difference I can think of is that the larger 10.4" secondary should displace heat a little better, plus since its an OEM fix it will help resale value. Also im not 100% sold on the softer 440IQ belt holding up to the firecats HP for extended periods of time, I know there has been some testing with it with success but I want to wait until more people are using them on the snow before I try it. I had a ZR that would chew belts every now and then, I still have nightmares about that still today LOL...
Besides you can still use the Polaris belt with the 10.4" secondary if you want to, from what I hear you will have to re-clutch a little though..
I don't think anyone will know for sure until it snows and some wide spread testing is done witch will be the best way to go.. :m2c:

·
Premium Member
2022XCR850137 / 2022 SL 850 Boost
6,712 Posts
Originally posted by MzabF7@Sep 12 2005, 02:22 PM
From what I have read the secondary mod works just fine..
Only difference I can think of is that the larger 10.4" secondary should displace heat a little better, plus since its an OEM fix it will help resale value. Also im not 100% sold on the softer 440IQ belt holding up to the firecats HP for extended periods of time, I know there has been some testing with it with success but I want to wait until more people are using them on the snow before I try it. I had a ZR that would chew belts every now and then, I still have nightmares about that still today LOL...
Besides you can still use the Polaris belt with the 10.4" secondary if you want to, from what I hear you will have to re-clutch a little though..
I don't think anyone will know for sure until it snows and some wide spread testing is done witch will be the best way to go..  :m2c:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=871160
[/quote]
Come on if the 440 belt can take the abuse of on and off again trashing that sno-x racers give it,it will be fine plus its just a longer version of the 1080 plus it didnt blow on my sled this summer on asphalt so im not to worried ,but i never blew a belt last year either so ?????

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Originally posted by flasch7192@Sep 12 2005, 04:52 PM
Come on if the 440 belt can take the abuse of on and off again trashing that sno-x racers give it,it will be fine plus its just a longer version of the 1080 plus it didnt blow on my sled this summer on asphalt so im not to worried ,but i never blew a belt last year either so ?????
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=871313
[/quote]
Ya Im not saying that it won't hold up, I actually think it will, just that I would feel better when more people are using it on the snow for long rides.. But that's just me I hate being the test dummy.. LOL :beerchug:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Originally posted by ChickenhawkF7@Sep 12 2005, 05:27 PM
www.hiperf.com has the 10.4" sheaves for the 05 clutch to make it the same as the 06.  you have to run a different belt as well.  the sheaves sell for $169 and the belt is $79 or $89.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=871375
[/quote]

Ya I saw that in their catalog, the ones I got from Dan came with new rollers I don't think theirs do.. The belts were much less from him though..

From the looks of it I may switch over to that 440 belt at some point in the season to at least try it.. :dunno:

·
Registered
964 Posts
d d fix is not the right way to fix the problem because a softer belt is only good for 100 miles then what buy a new belt. talked with bikeman at haydays and he even said the same thing. cutting the clutch is just patching the problem not fixing it.

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
yeah we have the factory halves, and they come with the rollers from the factory. $300 for 2 belts and both halves.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Originally posted by ZR900SNOWPRO@Sep 12 2005, 05:24 PM
d d fix is not the right way to fix the problem because a softer belt is only good  for 100 miles then what buy a new belt. talked with bikeman at haydays and he even said the same thing. cutting the clutch is just patching the problem not fixing it.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=871461
[/quote]
100 miles on a belt ???? What the hell kind of a comment is that ? A durometer showed the Polaris belt used in the D&D mod to be the same compound as the 065 and 075 polaris belts on their standard models of years past .Which is slightly harder than a 020 Cat belt . So you probably only get like 75 miles out of those belts . Do Polaris owners only get 100 miles out of their belts ?

If the clutch mod is not the right way to do things then why is Bikeman selling this service on his website ?

06 clutches with Cat belt were tested against the Polaris belt and the poo belt out performed it every time. The harder compound cat belt becomes more inconsistent as clutch sheave face temperature varys during different conditions . The polaris belt is now direct bolt on with no machining for 06 standard clutches .

I hate to be so rude in my disagreement but you can't even compare the two setups ........................thats how good it is .

·
Registered
6,171 Posts
Originally posted by The Outdoor Shop@Sep 12 2005, 04:51 PM
yeah we have the factory halves, and they come with the rollers from the factory. $300 for 2 belts and both halves.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=871490
[/quote]

Dan are you using the factory 2006 Cat belts or something different

How about clutching specs - Do you keep the 2005 helix and spring or change over to 2006 specs
I am sure weights , springs , helix will all be different correct

I am sure this mod will work on all 2005 diamond drive sleds but can we keep 2005 clutching specs or completely change that over to factory 2006 specs or aftermarket clutch kit - Just curious

1 - 20 of 64 Posts