Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally received the last piece to my F1000 trail sled that I raced on asphalt. This is a stock F1000 head that Speedwerx machined to cut the domes out of it. They are then replaced with billet domes. This can be done to many of Arctic Cat's laydown engines. You can run any type of compression ratio Speedwerx offers with interchangeable billet domes. It is much more cost effective then a complete billet head. Also is very stealth for all those "stock" sleds you find out on the lake. Nobody will know what you have under the hood with this set-up. I'm sure Jim from Dynotech Research will find this interesting. He has never been a fan of the large "bathtub" style billet heads. They seem to show a greater difference in water temps between the two sides. He likes the stock head where he feels water velocity is faster and does a better job of cooling than the larger and taller billet heads.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Bill,

Those should fit good under the hood of the machine that will sit until the upcoming asphalt season. :frech11:

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ha, your right. This head isn't even on yet. It sucks when you are a one man show at work and you are busy. I will have it ready for snow just in time for asphalt season again. With no snow here, it would get more use with wheels in the skis anyway.

·
Premium Member
12,762 Posts
Ha, your right. This head isn't even on yet. It sucks when you are a one man show at work and you are busy. I will have it ready for snow just in time for asphalt season again. With no snow here, it would get more use with wheels in the skis anyway.[/b]
Not much different here.....................you gonna ride in da great white north this year?

·
Premium Member
5,672 Posts
Not much different here.....................you gonna ride in da great white north this year?[/b]

Hey Rick!

My budy just got back from Rolphton- Mattawa and said the trails were very good especially the club trails on the missing link. They also went up to Timmins and said they were excellent for the most part. The trails aparently came through the thaw really well. They should have considering the base they had. We are heading up that way for a week the 4th of Feb. Getting the itch. We still ahve over a foot here with a hard base of 6-10 inches but lots of washouts to feeze up. Should be able to ride this weekend with the cold snap.

Jester

·
Premium Member
12,762 Posts
Hey Rick!

My budy just got back from Rolphton- Mattawa and said the trails were very good especially the club trails on the missing link. They also went up to Timmins and said they were excellent for the most part. The trails aparently came through the thaw really well. They should have considering the base they had. We are heading up that way for a week the 4th of Feb. Getting the itch. We still ahve over a foot here with a hard base of 6-10 inches but lots of washouts to feeze up. Should be able to ride this weekend with the cold snap.

Jester[/b]
Good to hear Jester...........hoping to head up myself but have yet to confirm plans. For some reason I don't have the mileage hound itch...........hope a new ride changes things.

·
Premium Member
5,672 Posts
Good to hear Jester...........hoping to head up myself but have yet to confirm plans. For some reason I don't have the mileage hound itch...........hope a new ride changes things.[/b]
So far this has been the best year I have ever had. I already have over a 1000 miles on the sled. Only weekend we missed was last weekend. Still miss the zr for break neck pounding. I can tell ya that very few sleds could handle that kind of pounding and stay together. My f-cat would not have taken that. I doubt that the new attak will either but i will give her a hard run to put that theory to the test. HAHAHAHA!

Have a good one buddy!

Jester

1 - 9 of 9 Posts