Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anybody has any info on a D&D y-pipe used with a Speedwerx pipe? I have not seen any dyno sheets on this combo has anyone else? Or know somebody who has?

·
Registered
580 Posts
If you look at bikeman web site,they posted dyno sheets of their pipe mod (which made similar HP has a after market one) and the last one is whit the pipe mod and the y pipe,and the addition of the y pipe ads less of 1 HP so ....

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know there has been a lot of talk on testing this combo, but still have not seen anything. So ttt

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Sounds like its not a good combo (dyno sheets coming soon from DTR)

Originally posted by dynotechjim@Nov 21 2005, 08:37 PM
Kaz the SW single was happier with stock Y pipe, and happier still with the stock quiet muffler instead of the loud SW can. Results posted this coming week (end).

Kaz your results have inspiried me, the HP Nazi, to drift up into the 150+ HP range for trail riders. Last year all DTR tuners know I would suggest stopping at 144-145 HP to hopefully be reliable. You and a few others have had good reliability in Canada on long high speed trails at 150 HP. Bizzare. But we're stepping it up a notch this year. 150+ is easily made with good timing/ fuel and either Speedwerx single with stock muffler, Bikeman F7 mod stock pipe, or D&D monster single. all need different fuel tuning, I'll post some stuff on each in the upcoming week.

you guys have no idea how lucky you are.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=1028253
[/quote]

·
Registered
88 Posts
my sled is the one that was tested at dynotech with the speedwerx single and dd y pipe. i am going to say right off that my motor has been ported and has other work done to it, so i dont know for sure what the results would be on a stock motor with this combo..... but my motor made the most peak hp with the speedwerx single, stock ypipe, and stock can(versus speedwerx can). we tried many exhaust combos, including all stock parts, bikeman pipe mod, etc... the dd y pipe did seem to broaden out the torque range a little bit, but not enough to warrant 90 bucks in my case. hope this helps answer some of your guys questions

·
Registered
290 Posts
Originally posted by smanfirecat@Nov 23 2005, 05:19 PM
my sled is the one that was tested at dynotech with the speedwerx single and dd y pipe.  i am going to say right off that my motor has been ported and has other work done to it, so i dont know for sure what the results would be on a stock motor with this combo.....  but my motor made the most peak hp with the speedwerx single, stock ypipe, and stock can(versus speedwerx can).  we tried many exhaust combos, including all stock parts, bikeman pipe mod, etc... the dd y pipe did seem to broaden out the torque range a little bit, but not enough to warrant 90 bucks in my case.  hope this helps answer some of your guys questions
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=1033845
[/quote]

So what kind of hp did you make & what rpm?

Or did the HP Nazi cut you off :smilielol:

Kaz

·
Registered
88 Posts
peak horsepower with speedwerx single came in at 156.1, best for the day. could have gone leaner with this setup, but didnt until i put on the dd y pipe as i figured that was where i would get my best numbers. i had to drop fuel pressure with the dd y pipe in order to match the 156 number set with the stock y pipe at a richer setting. jim also thought i would benefit from a higher degree timing key as i had the stock 04 box with only a 2 degree key in it, which, as everyone likes to put it"wasnt one of the good ones" so there is definately room to gain a bit more but that hp number is with plenty of fuel at wot, so i am happy enough with it and should have no worries this yr as far as reliability issues. wished i had a set of twins i could have tried, but beggers cant be choosers, and provided i get the clutching right on, it should be a good year for the 700 class

·
Registered
290 Posts
Originally posted by smanfirecat@Nov 23 2005, 08:41 PM
peak horsepower with speedwerx single came in at 156.1, best for the day. could have gone leaner with this setup, but didnt until i put on the dd y pipe as i figured that was where i would get my best numbers.  i had to drop fuel pressure with the dd y pipe in order to match the 156 number set with the stock y pipe at a richer setting.  jim also thought i would benefit from a higher degree timing key as i had the stock 04 box with only a 2 degree key in it, which, as everyone likes to put it"wasnt one of the good ones" so there is definately room to gain a bit more but that hp number is with plenty of fuel at wot, so i am happy enough with it and should have no worries this yr as far as reliability issues.  wished i had a set of twins i could have tried, but beggers cant be choosers, and provided i get the clutching right on, it should be a good year for the 700 class
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=1034615
[/quote]

Last year when I was at Dynotech the guy before me Steve dyno around the same hp with a 04 F7 ported, key, SW pipe & can, reeds and PAC. Go check out One Stop Performance, last time I looked the dyno sheet is posted there.

Kaz

1 - 10 of 10 Posts