Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well fired the sled up last night and the digatal and the analog spedometer are bouncing all over the place,really kind of pissed me off as it worked fine when i parked the sled in the garage last time out. you guys have any sugg. on how or what might be wrong with this thing? :banghead:

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
well fired the sled up last night and the digatal and the analog spedometer are bouncing all over the place,really kind of pissed me off as it worked fine when i parked the sled in the garage last time out. you guys have any sugg. on how or what might be wrong with this thing? :banghead:[/b]
How does your sled run other than that?My reason is because when my stator was crapping out my speedo was doing what yours was.Just a thought.How does the 975 run?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
well fired the sled up last night and the digatal and the analog spedometer are bouncing all over the place,really kind of pissed me off as it worked fine when i parked the sled in the garage last time out. you guys have any sugg. on how or what might be wrong with this thing? :banghead:[/b]
My 06 Dragon did the same thing the first time I fired it up this Fall. The speedo would bounce around and then peg to 120. I disconnected the speedo sending unit and it stopped so I'm thinking it's the sending unit.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the engine so far runs fine,but i will check tonight for loose wires etc. i have heard if you have any weird probs. like low rpm when hot ,funky voltage readings,etc. it could be the stator,just need a little dusting of snow to find out what the prob. is :banghead:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Weird...mine did the same thing the other day. I told my brother and he said that happened to his KTM. The have the same setup with polaris owning 25% of KTM.

Look in your owners manual. There is a battery that runs your clock that may interfer with you panel. He changed his and it works fine. On the other hand mine is okay at the moment. Worth a try if it keeps doing it.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Weird...mine did the same thing the other day. I told my brother and he said that happened to his KTM. The have the same setup with polaris owning 25% of KTM.

Look in your owners manual. There is a battery that runs your clock that may interfer with you panel. He changed his and it works fine. On the other hand mine is okay at the moment. Worth a try if it keeps doing it.[/b]
I thought it might be the battery and changed mine last year but it didn't fix the problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.