Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday - Returned from a beautiful 230 mile ride, shut the machine off & headed into camp. An hour later fired her up, got on the trail & no speedometer reading - analog or digital. Tach, recall & hour meter still working fine. The odometer & trip meter still illuminated but must not be getting a signal from the speed sensor. I checked the odometer after riding approximately 10 miles, it recorded .6 miles. Must be working a little bit. I checked the electrical connection on the sensor, still together & no signs of wear. I checked the routing of the wires too, again so signs of wear. The last time I lost the speedo function on my ZRT the track drive shaft bearing had the weenie. Of course that is a different sensing system. With 1800 miles I hope this is not the case with my Sabercat. I am dropping it off tonight, I'll let you know what the dealer finds.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
My display on my F7 snopro quit as well on Saturday. It works perfect when you fire up the machine then it just quits. I can shut the machine off and then restart it and the whole display will work, then it just decides to quit. Everything on it quits working. The wiring looks good. Any suggestions, I am assming the display is shot.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think the problem is with the display b/c everything not related to the speed sensor was working fine. From what I understand the voltage regulator & speed sensor is wrapped up in one unit. I should hear from the dealer this afternoon. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
2021 VR1 850, 18 Tiger 8000, 17 RS 6000, 16 ZR 6000, 12 F1100T, 11 EXT 800, 09 Z1 Turbo, 05 ZR 900
10,200 Posts
The speed sensor is a magenet mounted behind the VR it supposed to be loctited or JB Welded in place if not it moves around and causes problems with the VR I had all this replaced last week and still had probs with my lights and speedo, see my topic: Speedo, Tach, Lights OUT

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info SkullCat - she's still in the shop.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My dealer called today! They found a connector behind the speedo was loose, cleaned it and reassembled. Seems to work fine now, I guess only miles will tell. If that was the problem, I feel like a dumb a$$ - I never thought to look at that connector.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts