Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just came back from riding tonight, and I have to say my sled is AMAZING. I love this little beast... lots of heart... BUT I CAN'T SEE ANYTHING on the speedometer at night. It drives me MAD. And the low beams are way to low (lighting is right in front of the sled. Does anyone have the same problem, and a fix for this ??

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
havent rode mine at night yet, but i had it in the garage on night running it with the lights off, just out of curiasity and mine wasnt that bright either. sucks :ph34r:

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
I don't like the spedometer as well..It need to be brighter. As for the lights, you can adjust them. Look on the left and right side of yur speedomete you will see black knobs. If you turn those they move your lights around.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Can you put a high watt bulb in to make things brighter? Check the bulb to see what watt it is and then maybe try a auto parts store.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Originally posted by vman@Jan 4 2003, 11:31 AM
Can you put a high watt bulb in to make things brighter? Check the bulb to see what watt it is and then maybe try a auto parts store.
I checked the speedo and it's comprised of a circuit board and sealed with an epoxy coating and doesn't take a conventional style bulb. In fact, to even get to the bulb would require breaking the seal to remove the screws on the board to access the light bulb. Not worth messing with in my opinion.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Gunner for the info... too bad, because at night in trails, this thing is very hard to read.

RYAN001, these black knobs are ONLY to adjust high beams... nutin' to do with low beams... trust me on this !!

Skydog... try reading your odometer while riding at 40 MPH when dark !!!

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
the hardest part to read at night is the odometer reading. i like to be able to see how far i have gone but ohh well. my dealer fully beleives that cat will come out with a fix for the dimness. so far the dim dash is my only complaint, besides the power, it just yanks on your arms :lol:

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Originally posted by Firecat700CC@Jan 5 2003, 07:53 AM
Thanks Gunner for the info... too bad, because at night in trails, this thing is very hard to read.

RYAN001, these black knobs are ONLY to adjust high beams... nutin' to do with low beams... trust me on this !!

Skydog... try reading your odometer while riding at 40 MPH when dark !!!
The headlight adjustment knobs move the ENTIRE light assembly. Watch the assembly move as you trun the knob.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I had to adjust my std F7 headlights WAY up from the stock settings -- like 10 -12 turns or so. Of course, you have to do this at night when you have a bit of time to experiment to get it just right, but when you finally get it, it makes a BIG difference! BTW, they're MUCH easier to adjust the knobs if at the same time you gently press in on each light assembly as you turn the knobs. Turning them clockwise (right!) raises the light and beam.

On the gauge brightness, I agree with most here -- could be a tad brighter. It's especially difficult to read the odometer/tripometer displays while sled is on the move. -- Roy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts