Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got caught by the radar trap on the trail north of Barrie on Saturday. I got caught doing 50km over the speed limit on the radar. The officer was somewhat understanding seeing that I only pinned it on a straightway when there was no one in sight. Still doesn't make it right, nor do I want to discuss the ethics of it in the post because I know I am guilty and wrong for my actions. The officer wrote up the ticket telling me there are no points against my driver's record and just a fine of $110. However now that I read the ticket it says speeding in access of 50km/h on public trail? I am concerned that this is going to kill my insurance rates and my driver's record? It was my first time out all season and 15 mins on the trail with a new sled I was trying to break in and it ruined my day riding. Any feedback from anyone who has been in this situtation would be greatly appreciated?
Dude I'm from wasaga, got caught goin INFINTY on my old mach z 800 tripple. Speedo said 200ish. Cop laughed didnt seem to upset. He refused to show me the speed he recorded, said it was best to forget that lol. No consequences yet>>>other than standard "over 50" charge. $110.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Tickets for speeding across a farmers field....how does that work?
With the amount of Dbags running off tail and causing farmers to yank permission it's a great place for OPP to be. There should be more patrols across the province.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
15 Pro X 800 , 16 Pro S LE 800, 06 Fusion 600 Dragon, 99 XC700SP, 96 XCRSP, 91 RXL
83 Posts
I agree about bagging riders who can't seem to stay on trails, or ones that think they're running Soo-500 on crowed Sat afternoon trails. Throw the frickin' book at them! But I don't want to see more OPP out on trails, at least not the dicks in our area.
Snowmobiling is one of the only motorized sports left that have any real freedom, and that's one of it's main draws for me. We have a speed limit of 30mph on trails that was written in early 70's when fast sled was 45mph and trails were made as you run, or groomed with old mattress box-springs. My wife, who rides twice a year on an 03Edge goes faster than that on crap trail.
After riding UP, WI, and talking to Maine riders, our trail system has caught up to their quality in width, condition, and routing. Yet they have no speed limit during daytime, and 55mph at night I believe, and yet no more accidents than us.
But in my area this year, see first sled in 1/2 an hour at end of mile long field with 25ft wide trail on clear sunny Thursday cruising at 70mph and get nailed because it's a cop sled. I call BS, BS, BS

If it's tight, twisty, run-into-your-own-back-bumper trails that are still unfortunately part of our province, SLOWTHEFUCKDOWN!!, but to otherwise be stopped by over zealous cops because of 50yr old outdated law, BS

21 - 23 of 23 Posts