Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
i never did on mine, it depends whether or not you plan to do a lot of trail riding, if so then i would recomend remapping your cdi, and gearing.... i just switched heads on my 04 440 so i didnt have to spend $50 a wack on jet b fuel but i only rode around in feilds for no longer then an hour or two at a time and nothing catistrophic happened, i didnt even re-jet.....

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Um let me see i do have the stock can for it.... but thats about it. and about the heads did u just buy the domes or the whole kit ? and all i would be doin is ditch bangin for a couple ours at a time would that be ok without re maping?

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
just have your heads cut. the speedwerx kit does look nice, and it offers a tad bit more cooling, making a horsepower or two more, but the price difference in shaving the heads to buyin the speedwerx heads, it aint worth the extra cash, IMO

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
how much do you change the jetting but what about the timing dial??? do you do anything with that and what ALL do you need to do with these heads and what is better for the money just the domes or the whole kit?? thanks for the info

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
im tellin you, send your heads out to be milled out, there is a guy in NY that does it for $50, and then you have the same thing as speedwerx heads, but about $350 cheaper! i had mine done for $80 from hooper racing here in NH, now xcfburgess has got them, but he did a really quality job

·
Registered
148 Posts
i had my heads cut at goodwin performances and all i had to do is turn the timing dial -2 and rejet. it will depend on your altidude but i ride in wi. and i run usually a 310 main. hope this helps

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.