Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
if you are talking about cars, here is a website dedicated to that; http://www.speedtrap.org/speedtraps/ste_city.asp?state=WI

if you are talking about sleds, Plan on any open railroad grade or lake as a potential trap. Especially if the local area has a snowmobile event happening that weekend that warrants the goon-squad to make an appearance.

Trail 70 in st. germian (under the high-lines) was a preferred spot the lat time they tried this. many people have gotten nailed there.

·
Premium Member
4,697 Posts
Is this going to be an issue all winter long, everyone gonna be worried about being pulled over! Do you really ride that fast at night? Not trying to be a azzhat, but come on who really cares. Yeah it's fun to open it up on little flat stretches at night when you know were you are at but do we need to know were there setting up at all the time. Does everyone else drive drunk or wide open all the time and i'm the only sane one? Guess when someone else you cares about dies in snowmobile accident like i have it just kinda of changes your outlook on sledding and getting out of control! End of rant! :no_bashing: :banghead: :beerchug:

·
Premium Member
4,697 Posts
Guess I'll have to trade in the enticer 1 lunger than and get my giddy up on!! :beerchug: :beer:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Is this going to be an issue all winter long, everyone gonna be worried about being pulled over! Do you really ride that fast at night? Not trying to be a azzhat, but come on who really cares. Yeah it's fun to open it up on little flat stretches at night when you know were you are at but do we need to know were there setting up at all the time. Does everyone else drive drunk or wide open all the time and i'm the only sane one? Guess when someone else you cares about dies in snowmobile accident like i have it just kinda of changes your outlook on sledding and getting out of control! End of rant! :no_bashing: :banghead: :beerchug:[/b]
I think alot of us me included step it up a bit at night, especially on the trails. Call me crazy but it is easier to see uncoming headlights at night rather in the daylight hours AND we (my typical riding group) never have ETOH on board while riding.....

·
Registered
390 Posts
For those of you who travel to the northwoods, I 39 thru Waushara County is the worst for speed traps. Specifically from just south of Westfield up through Han____ and Plainfield to the north.

State troopers love to sit on the off ramps and exits on Hwy V looking for speeders on 39. I've been pulled over there twice now in the same spot(you'd think I'd learn) in the past year. Both times going 80 in the 65. Received a warning the first time and a ticket the second(Dec. 06).

I have to send in the citation with my plea. Was going to respond not guitly in hopes that I could receive court supervision so as not to have the ticket appear on my record and therefore the insurance company.

Has anyone ever done that? Any other suggestions?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts