Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
‘15 Pro-S switchback 8.
Not sure what happened. I just changed the chaincase oil and cleaned via taking cover off. Now it is reading way more then it should be. Example, 15-20 mph it is reading 40-50 mph, had a top speed of 107 where in reality I only hit maybe 70-80(wish I took my garmin with me). I tried switching it back from kph and back to mph but it still reads way off.
Checked speedo sensor and it isn’t loose. Not sure what else it can be.

·
Premium Member
18,050 Posts
‘15 Pro-S switchback 8.
Not sure what happened. I just changed the chaincase oil and cleaned via taking cover off. Now it is reading way more then it should be. Example, 15-20 mph it is reading 40-50 mph, had a top speed of 107 where in reality I only hit maybe 70-80(wish I took my garmin with me). I tried switching it back from kph and back to mph but it still reads way off.
Checked speedo sensor and it isn’t loose. Not sure what else it can be.
I suspect that you've either caused the sensor to be too close to the brake rotor or you damaged it.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I suspect that you've either caused the sensor to be too close to the brake rotor or you damaged it.
Ok. Will take the rotor off and have a look at the spacers. That’s what I was thinking also, as I didn’t touch the sensor. Figured it was on properly as both the brake and rotor mounted good.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I had similar issue this past season. My recall would be way off, when I know I never reached 150 MPH before. In my case, it was only the recall would be off. 17XCR 800.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Everything was put together good. So I just put a new o ring on the shaft. And it now seems to be back to normal. Weird.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts