Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much speed is lost with the 1.375 track. I had a 1'' but I traded it for a 1.375.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I concur, I think it was between 3-5 miles off the top according to GLS.

Kevin

·
Registered
854 Posts
Actually, gls answered my post on www.amsnow.com and he wrote to me saying 2-3 mph compared to the 1" lug and that was speeds over 110 mph.
He suggested the 1.375" lug track was the better all around trail rider track.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yep I think the 1.375 track is the "Cat's Meow"! 2-3 loss - that can happen in different conditions anyway

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have seen very little top end speed difference between the two tracks. In a 1/2 mile race it might mean as much as one to two sled lengths.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Info per GLS:

3) It's hard to answer your track question, so I'll give you some data to
think about. 1.375 track is probably a better track for all around riding.
Traction is better, so acceleration is better. Side slide is less with the
1.375. There might be slightly more noise on some surfaces at lower
vehicle speeds with the 1.375 track. The 1.0 track is faster on hard
smooth surfaces. Mayby 2-3mph at speeds exceeding 110mph. I still think
the 1.375 track is the way to go if you do alot of trail riding.
Especially if the trails are twisty.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Keep in mind:

He who makes it to the other side of the lake 1st wins.
Acceleration usually wins over top speed any day.
Hard pack snow will allow the deeper lug to accelerate faster.

·
Registered
772 Posts
after getting the 1 1/4 predator on my last years zr ... i knew the 1.375 for my new cat was # 1 ...the benefits of the 1.375 far out weigh the few MPH loss top end...hook up and off trail capabilities make the bigger track a sure bet..if u need that few MPH top end..then dont bother..but everyone i know that has switched said they will never go back to a 1 inch or .85 "slick" track as we like to call them :) also cornering is much improved vs standard track without studs...

·
Registered
477 Posts
It all depends on where you ride and how you ride, it is not just about top end loss. We ride lots of hardpack low snow conditions, miles and miles of 100 + mph at a time. I swapped out the 1.375 for a 1 inch due to heating issues with hifax and (to some extent) idler bearings, along with the associated noise, vibration and loss of top end. In my experience close to 1/2 inch of lug is gonna make more than 2 mph difference. I would say 5+ mph would be closer, it has always struck me funny whan Greg said 2-3.

·
Registered
70 Posts
keep in mind that if you are switching your 1" for a 1.375" track you have to switch you helix to a 53-51 instead of the standard 53. I found that my rpm's were falling off hurting my top end.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts