1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
wut about for an 04 f6sp carb, sut if i put NGK BR9ES

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Stick to the BR9EYA they have come standard in all AC sleds for awhile now as far as I know other then maybe the 4strokes. The EYA resists fowling better then the ES if I remeber right.

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
Whats the dif between the BR9ES and BR9EYA? I know there is a little groove in the thingamabobber, isn't there a temp difference?

·
Registered
12,218 Posts
no temp diff - the # on ngk's is the temp. they(eya's) have different shape electrode, supposed to be easier to read plugs, and something like 30 or 50% more volts

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
Whats the dif between the BR9ES and BR9EYA? I know there is a little groove in the thingamabobber, isn't there a temp difference?[/b]
Just the difference in the thingamabobber....I just wanted to say thingamabobber :smilielol:

·
Registered
299 Posts
I went to the Brisk web site to watch the dyno run. This happened in 03' and nobody has copied this design of plug??

Has anyone dyno tested on a sled??

Dono have you field tested?

Thanks for the info :banana:

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Originally posted by jjkGURU@Oct 12 2005, 07:20 AM
no temp diff - the # on ngk's is the temp.  they(eya's) have different shape electrode, supposed to be easier to read plugs, and something like 30 or 50% more volts
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=923826
[/quote]

http://www.briskusa.com/technical_08identification.htm

Yes the EYA is the material and shape of the electrode. The iruidum plugs have the least amount of resistance....So all spark energy gets to the flame.

Originally posted by geberhard@Oct 12 2005, 08:30 AM
Went to the site. Which plug would you use for a sled?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=923938
[/quote]

BRISK # LOR10LGS is the Same plug as the NGK BR9EYA's

This is a picture of the NGK BR9EYA's

BRISK # LOR12LGS is the same as the NGK BR8EYA's

·
Registered
425 Posts
i used the iridium plugs on my sled last year and didn't notice any difference. i'll buy the regular plugs next time and save the money for gas.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I used the BR9EIX...iridium it deffinately had a littlt more spunk....i think its a good investment.....every little thing helps right!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Originally posted by DonoBBD@Oct 12 2005, 10:03 AM
http://www.briskusa.com/technical_08identification.htm

Yes the EYA is the material and shape of the electrode.  The iruidum plugs have the least amount of resistance....So all spark energy gets to the flame.
BRISK # LOR10LGS is the Same plug as the NGK BR9EYA's

This is a picture of the NGK BR9EYA's

BRISK # LOR12LGS is the same as the NGK BR8EYA's
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=923991
[/quote]

Have you tried them yet? If not, let us know how they work..... :div20:

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Originally posted by MzabF7@Oct 12 2005, 03:24 PM
Have you tried them yet? If not, let us know how they work.....  :div20:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=924890
[/quote]

I will I am going to run them this year. I am going to test the resistance in the plug and compare them to the iridiums. The NGK iridums I tested last year were realy the best plug I have ever tested for the least amount of resistance. Very very good plug.

These brisk plugs take out the indexing of a plug. You don't need to index the plugs and they spark to the richest part of the cylinder even if it changes with heat.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
WOW I just checked out the videos on there. On a motor makeing 434hp and 460# of torque they spun up 20more hp and 30#'s with just a plug change.

That is kinda big that is a 4% increase. That would be 5.6hp on a 140hp sled. I am not sure if there would be that much with a two stroke but on the four stroke rustang it seemed to work.

Just look at this....

http://www.briskusa.com/media/PressChamberIgnitionSim.wmv

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
easy now keep ya thingamabobber in ya pants, a new set of plugs, any plugs will give you better results when new as compared to plugs with some use on them. The plugs look cool , let us know how they work out for you.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts