Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started my F6 the other day and it was ok than it started to sound a bit different and I noticed the rpms were lower than normal like around 1400 is this a sign of new spark plugs. It starts normal 2nd pull but I think I may need plugs cause why else would it be running at idle like that. I just haven't had the time to pull the plugs yet. Any suggestions.

·
Premium Member
3,411 Posts
hard starting, bogging or missing, or generally running like crap in any way is good reason to check the plugs on any 2-stroke.
sounds like it's time to pull them and give them a look.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So if I just change the plugs it should act normal.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
mine ran great one day, started it up the next day and while idling I dropped a cylinder. Wasn't revving for shit. Changed the plugs, running on both again and going good :thumbsup:

try changing the plugs

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll pull them out tomorrow and look at them hopefully they are just in need of being replaced.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Changed the plugs(what a hassle there not like changing plugs in a zr that im used too), but anyways started it back up and all seemed to be normal so by the looks of the plugs they looked good I guess I probably just loaded it up. Which means starting it less when it's sitting which may be difficult but im not changing plugs all the time.

·
Premium Member
3,411 Posts
i've found the easiest way to change the plugs on the Firepuss when at home is to just grab a nice long 13/16"wrench from the tool box, and reach in under the expansion chamber from the front.
nice for at home, but packing that wrench is not very trail friendly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts