Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have around 1700 km's on my f7 snopro. I have not changed the plugs yet i checked them once when i had around 1000 km's and they were a good tan colour. I was wondering when i should change the plugs? how often do you guys do it?

Oh yah and has anyone tried platinum tip plugs on their f7 or the new irridium plugs? did you notice and improvement over the normal plugs, if so what? i only ran platinum tips on my 01mxz600 with good results.
thanks,dave.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I ran irridiums in my zr700. They sucked. I spent 10 bucks a plug for them and they fowled out in 90 miles. My dad tried them in his 1000. He only got half the life out of them vs a regular NGK. Dont waste your money.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by F7_Ditch_Jumper@Jan 19 2003, 08:12 PM
I ran irridiums in my zr700. They sucked. I spent 10 bucks a plug for them and they fowled out in 90 miles. My dad tried them in his 1000. He only got half the life out of them vs a regular NGK. Dont waste your money.
Hmm maybe when i need to replace my plugs i will just get some platinum tip plugs since they were great on my last sled. Thats too bad about the arridium plugs i thought they should have been good.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I remember when the "split-fire" plugs came out about 10 years ago or so. At that time it was the next big thing in spark plug tech. Well, we all tried them, and 15 bucks later went back to the same BR9ES plugs that we always used. I may sacrifice cheap performance, but its only factory spec plugs for me anymore...They're reliable, proven, and made for my machine. Only my thoughts, though...good luck!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
heck, i cant remember what i did yesterday let alone the plugs i used, i did have a wildcat 700 and thought it used br9eya, but i'm sure right
ten years ago i was 20 yrs old, lots of booze and partying ! had hard time remembering where the truck was parked even!!!!1 :eek:

·
Registered
696 Posts
Your right...who knows...My point was that those split fire plugs were no damn good. (now you got me thinking about those plugs...was I using the wrong ones??? :lol: )

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
there is not even a cross reference # for br9eya over to split fire, so they must realize at splitfire there product is junk!
never tried them, not even ten years ago, kinda pricy for little or no gain in performance!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts