Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled the plugs on my 700 Pro X the other day and noticed that the pto side plug was a dark gray color and the mag side was a perfect chocolate brown color? I know these are good running colors but I do believe that both sides should be the same color. I have been riding in temps from 0-30 degrees and have the stock jetting( 440) with UNI air filters, V forse 3 reeds, reed spacers and a can. Is something pluged? Do the carbs need inspection? Also I serviced the Exhaust Valves the other day and noticed Alot of oil buildup in the bellows!!! I know that is not right!!! I ride at a rather brisk pace with very little idling!! Should I back the oil pump down??

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I pulled the plugs on my 700 Pro X the other day and noticed that the pto side plug was a dark gray color and the mag side was a perfect chocolate brown color? I know these are good running colors but I do believe that both sides should be the same color. I have been riding in temps from 0-30 degrees and have the stock jetting( 440) with UNI air filters, V forse 3 reeds, reed spacers and a can. Is something pluged? Do the carbs need inspection? Also I serviced the Exhaust Valves the other day and noticed Alot of oil buildup in the bellows!!! I know that is not right!!! I ride at a rather brisk pace with very little idling!! Should I back the oil pump down??[/b]

FELLAS!!! SOMEONE HAS TO HAVE AN IDEA ON WHAT TO DO/ HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS WITH THIS!!!

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
oil inside the plasic cap of the exhaust valves is a sure sign you need new bellows. you may need to change your jetting on one carb a size smaller , your not going to find any fans of pod filter and getting jetting strait with them is a real test of patience.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
I noticed a bit of smoke coming from one of my exhaust valves... Took it a apart, found lots of dirty oil, and a small tear in the bellow. I would look for a tear/snag in the bellow. Once I replaced the bellow, picked up another 1k on the tach, so I was back running right again...

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pto side sounds lean. Spray starter fluid down betweem clutch and motor and see if motor reves at all.[/b]

Let me put it alittle more straight. I have oil on the inside of the bladder and I know the bellows have no holes in them because I just serviced them and they are the new updated ones.(less than 400 miles) So the oil is coming from the inside of bellows probably from the small vent hole. I saw picture of this in the fusion/IQ thread and they where backing there oil down. As for the spark plugs go, you are right on the fact that something has changed during the last 400 miles of riding for the change of spark plug color. I do have diffrent jet sizes that I can try for that side. As for having problems with the UNI's---- have not had any soo far!!! I WILL NOT put the stock air box back in due to having bad air flow in deep powder that caused the engine to loose power. I am pleased soo far--they are gunna stay. Now what will the starter fluid do for the PTO side??? luberication?? is that what I am looking for??

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Spraying anything flammable around the crank seals is the easy way to check for a bad seal (vacuum leak). Rev the motor up and spray some on the seal, if the motor picks up rpm on it's own your sucking air in through the seal and that's why it looks lean on that side.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No if you would have crsnk seal going bad it will suck in and idel will rev up. Just a easy way to check.[/b]

Thanks fellas!!! I sure as heck hope the seal is not bad!!! The whole engine was rebuilt 400 miles ago!! including new seal's!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks fellas!!! I sure as heck hope the seal is not bad!!! The whole engine was rebuilt 400 miles ago!! including new seal's!![/b]

just tried the starter fluid trick and it did nothing so maybe I will just have to rejett the PTO side.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts