Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iam looking to buy a sp 550 and want to know whats there top speed and hp is.
And would it be better to get a xc500 over a sp550fan?

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
I have a 99 Supersport for sale. Not sure on the hp, maybe somewhwere in the 60's or 70's but I can do 75 with it no problem.

I'm selling it for $2100 if you're interested in pictures. I'm not too far away from you either...Nice sled in great condition...

·
Registered
42 Posts
The xc500 is a lot better than the super sport 550 fan. More ponies under the hood. But if money is the problem then go with the cheaper of the 2.

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
a friend of mine has 2- 2003 550 ss for sale both have around 1000 miles and are in good shape with a few minor scratches. I think he wants around 3400 each. all stock . top speed is around 65~70 on hard pack, on tight trails its a blast to throw around , but as a big guy I feel the 500 would have been a better choice. there isnt a lot of power but there is enough as long as your on trails you can keep up.

·
Registered
942 Posts
i just bought a 2005 SS. rode it one weekend last season. it was a second sled for wife/daughter. perfect for that. they never exceed 60? when i drive it it is fun on trail but it hits a brick wall at 70 mph. trail manners is all polaris and reminds me of older idy's i have had but better. possibly will be faster but new engine and did not want to do damage so let off. as an experienced rider i would have wanted a 500 XC. for $700 more could have had one. hindsight should have. never owned a fan colled sled B4. all LC.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts