Hardcore Sledder banner

141 - 160 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
biff.org sounds like you guys are going to get some decent snow over the weekend!! Might be heading that way in a couple of weeks. Will see what mother nature does!!
Yup, we are getting shelled as we speak. I just spent the last week in Texas and actually left a day early to beat the ice storms coming home. We beat the rain across Nebraska and South Dakota by 2hrs!!!

We are heading up to Vacationaire North of Park Rapids on Monday to ride through Wednesday. Should be epic snow for sure!

More video to come!

·
Registered
844 Posts
Good luck getting to PR tomorrow Mark. it could be a small challenge for you, but have fun once your there.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Good luck getting to PR tomorrow Mark. it could be a small challenge for you, but have fun once your there.
Well we got blown out and made it up here. Snow conditions are beyond incredible

We got on the trails around 3 and put on 59 miles. Some groomed and some breaking trail in over a good of powder with a good base underneath

Vacationaire to two inlets to Osage and back. Super deep ditches and soft riding in the woods. It’s snowing now again lightly.

Two more days of riding ahead.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Have a great time Mark, ride a trail for me. With year end work, and an all day meeting on Saturday, it's not looking good for me getting out. I need to change my priorities.

·
Registered
675 Posts
biff, we’ll be in that neck of the woods probably next week. Pack those trails!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
biff, we’ll be in that neck of the woods probably next week. Pack those trails!!!

We are doing our part! Met a few of the guys from Savage last night in Clancy’s bar. Great guys, they are doing their part as well.

There is tons of good snow up here. I think we are riding North today, or East, we will see what draws our attention.

Attachments

·
Registered
467 Posts
We are doing our part! Met a few of the guys from Savage last night in Clancy’s bar. Great guys, they are doing their part as well.

There is tons of good snow up here. I think we are riding North today, or East, we will see what draws our attention.

Biff, I know you are always on the up and up in this, here is some updated info.

This is Brian Parsons from Ice Cracking Lodge. I'm sending out an update of recent trails we groomed over the last week.

12/29/19 We groomed 400 south from Ice Cracking to Height of Land Lake. There is one swamp between Lake 25 (S. Island Lake) and the Height of Land Sportsman's Club I did not cross due to the swamp not being completely frozen. I groomed up to it and turned around, however I did see plenty of Snowmobile traffic crossing this section. I'm waiting for one more week of cold temperatures before I take the groomer over this section. Also there is a wet swamp through S. Green Water trail on 400 south. This area I groomed up to and turned around (Jim Wilsons Property) as there was also plenty of sleds crossing this area. I'm waiting for colder temperatures before I groom across this section. This week we'll be grooming from Height of Land Lake to Cotton Lake (Hanson Lake Trail). Also from Height of Land to Wolf Lake. I will not cross any swamps at this time until we get more negative temperatures for safety reasons.

12/30/19 We groomed 200 Loop (Rat Lake Trial) and 300 section. The groomer encountered serious brush and down trees between T12 and T13. This section on 200 had over 50 trees down and needs some trail maintenance. The groomer got through but it was a very long and exhausting trip. We are going to need some help clearing this area if anyone is interested in helping out. We did groom 300 up to Tulaby Lake T9. We did not get to T11, and T15 to T16 (White Earth Lake). There were 4 gates that were still locked on this section but we opened them all up. Thank you Willy Homer for stepping up and taking on some of the trail grooming!

We will be getting out the evening of 1/1/20 & 1/2/20 to groom 400 North to Elbow Lake and onto the Two Inlet Trails.

Trail safety is everyone's responsibility!

Have a Happy New Year All!

Regards,
Brian & Tandra Parsons
Ice Cracking Lodge

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #150 (Edited)
Great to hear Brian, thanks for the update. I will be sure to share this on our Facebook group as well. The riders will be wanting to hear this.

Yup, that area around Height of Land can get sketchy for sure.

We put on 75 miles North of Vacationaire. We cruised to Lake Alice, Becida and Northwoods. Amazing deep ditches along Highway 71. Only the Freeride and Backcountry made it in and out without getting stuffed!

Trails were powder over groomed trails. Simply amazing. Forest Riders have been out working them as much as possible. It’s going to be an amazing weekend for them coming up!

PS: any info on why Ice Cracking was closed on New Years Eve? Seemed very odd.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
It's all about the quick clips these days. Lots of things going on and little time to edit video!

So we will have to go with quality over quantity. Enjoy!

Got in 78 miles around the Detroit Lakes and Cormorant Lakes area yesterday. Dropped at Little Cormorant, and worked our way over to Vergas for lunch at Billy's.

Then came back through DL to find loads of slush on each and every lake. Other that Big Cormorant, which was loaded pillow drifts! Amazing good time!

·
Registered
467 Posts
biff, are you riding this weekend?? Might be looking for people to ride with! I am going to Hawley, tomorrow, should be there by 5 PM. Probably go on a quick shake down run, since I haven't been out yet this year. Looking to do some riding Friday and Saturday.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
biff, are you riding this weekend?? Might be looking for people to ride with! I am going to Hawley, tomorrow, should be there by 5 PM. Probably go on a quick shake down run, since I haven't been out yet this year. Looking to do some riding Friday and Saturday.
Ya, we should be out. I'm trying to avoid the football parties around the FM area Saturday. Bison and Vikings playing the trails should be empty!

Trailblazers have been grooming around Hawley, Ultra around DL, and Midnight riders around the Cormorant area have all been grooming. Sunday we found none of that and most trails were shelled. I expect Saturday to be good in most places.

I have been getting reports from every club and they are all getting out on great snow. This cold air at night is hardening things up. I saw -14 in some spots on my ride to work this morning.

The coldest daytime air will roll in around Sunday. Otherwise, it's still warming up during the day.

We may head over to Forest Riders country again this Saturday. It's just too damn good over there not to go enjoy it.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Ya, we should be out. I'm trying to avoid the football parties around the FM area Saturday. Bison and Vikings playing the trails should be empty!

Trailblazers have been grooming around Hawley, Ultra around DL, and Midnight riders around the Cormorant area have all been grooming. Sunday we found none of that and most trails were shelled. I expect Saturday to be good in most places.

I have been getting reports from every club and they are all getting out on great snow. This cold air at night is hardening things up. I saw -14 in some spots on my ride to work this morning.

The coldest daytime air will roll in around Sunday. Otherwise, it's still warming up during the day.

We may head over to Forest Riders country again this Saturday. It's just too damn good over there not to go enjoy it.
I must be reading the same reports as you, should be a great weekend for riding!! With the colder weather, should have less traffic on the trails. Not sure where I am riding Friday or Saturday, my brother was suppose to get a sled, but that doesn't sound promising now. Don't like riding by myself, but I will be riding somewhere!!

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
Amazing day. We started out at Two Inlets at -19, and this photo was shot right about the donut. We may have seen 4 above for a high. But that’s the price to pay for bluebird skies and the best January conditions we have seen.

Forest Riders and Nevis Trailblazers are killing it up here! They have all the trails in great condition for the races next week. We probably put down the fastest rips over to Stompin Grounds for lunch. Then back to Spikes for the end of the Bison game. Then off to Clancy’s at Vacationaire for the start of the Vikings game.

Keywords for you: Scout Trail and Steamboat!! WOW!!!

Get up here kids!!

Attachments

·
Registered
614 Posts
Amazing day. We started out at Two Inlets at -19, and this photo was shot right about the donut. We may have seen 4 above for a high. But that’s the price to pay for bluebird skies and the best January conditions we have seen.

Forest Riders and Nevis Trailblazers are killing it up here! They have all the trails in great condition for the races next week. We probably put down the fastest rips over to Stompin Grounds for lunch. Then back to Spikes for the end of the Bison game. Then off to Clancy’s at Vacationaire for the start of the Vikings game.

Keywords for you: Scout Trail and Steamboat!! WOW!!!

Get up here kids!!
Pretty sure i saw you just north of Nevis heading west. Group of 3, led by Yamaha with gopro? I'm guessing we were right behind you on the Scout Trail.

141 - 160 of 183 Posts