Hardcore Sledder banner

181 - 183 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
We passed through the park area yesterday. Made the run from Moorhead to Bemidji, spent the night and came home today. We saw a group of 24 sleds at Rock Creek yesterday, glad to not be behind that. Maybe saw 12 sleds total today. flat light misty rain made for a slow trip. it was a fun run. some areas took a beating, some were still great. it amazes me that there can be deep moguls on a long straightaway, steady throttle pressure people.

Reactions: biff.org

·
Registered
133 Posts
Steady throttle pressure, that's funny. Sat on the lake yesterday fishing and all I heard all day was"...BRAAAP...BRAAAP...BRAAAP...BRAAP..."

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
We passed through the park area yesterday. Made the run from Moorhead to Bemidji, spent the night and came home today. We saw a group of 24 sleds at Rock Creek yesterday, glad to not be behind that. Maybe saw 12 sleds total today. flat light misty rain made for a slow trip. it was a fun run. some areas took a beating, some were still great. it amazes me that there can be deep moguls on a long straightaway, steady throttle pressure people.
Yup, lots of big groups out. We met our buddies group of 23 sleds! They rode out of Park Rapids, up around Itasca and back through the Bunyan. It makes you realize why the trails get beat up so quickly. It's a beautiful place to visit.

It is nice running the side trails and not so popular routes, as there are flat trails everywhere if you avoid the corridor trails.

What blows me away is that with all the deep snow we ran this week on the lakes, we saw minimal slush. Or we just were not watching for it and just staying on the hammer.

Sort of spooky running lakes with minimal tracks and hardly a fish house. There is just too much snow for most of the Ice Castle crews.

181 - 183 of 183 Posts