Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im not a polaris guy so yeah....my buddy has a 03 xc sp 600 and now this year it only tops out at around 83. this summer he put a new sno-stuff can and a 1.25'' ripsaw on it...and all admit it last year this thing could haul. i had it gion about 95 with a little trottle left...the can i know makes you loose 3-4 mph in top end but not 15+ so what could be wrong???

·
Registered
555 Posts
Might want to check your clutches make sure your making a full shift out...may need to lighten the final weight up on your primary spring...

·
Registered
47,344 Posts
this what i've found...there is a 7-10 mph difference i've noticed between running the stock track and a 1.25'' when installed in the 600. I would get rid of any aftermarket can...except for a couple saved lbs....they are useless. Stiil with a 1.25'' track on a 600 your buddy should be able to see 100-105 mph speedo readings on a good hard surface....tell him to check his track tension...should be as loose as possible without jumping the sprokets...check the ski alignment for proper toe out too. My buddy tends to believe a 600 edge won't fully shifout out once a 1.25'' track is installed because of the stock gearing....says it might be better to go with 22/40 or 23/40 gears. I use 23/40 gears and i'm very happy.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Its your power Valves, they need to be cleaned not opening up all the way.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Check to make sure that the belt deflection is no more than 1 1/4", primary belt clearance is no more than .020". If the belt has a bunch of miles on it, replace it with a Poo 1080. Check to see that his clutches are aligned and clean, that the torque stop is snug, and the mounts are not broken.

With the 1 1/4" track it would be a good idea to go to 22/40 or 23/40 gears. Also, if the jetting is still stock, go down a size.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok thanks for the info guys ill let him know and we'll mabye do some of these things.

·
Registered
709 Posts
When you get the power valves off for cleaning check the bellows(diaphram) for any pinholes or tears.These will cause a lack of rpm/power as well.First thing I would check along with clutches(new spring,clean,check for any binding).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.