Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Turbo
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my son sent his girlfriend to the Meijer here in Gaylord to get an ORV sticker. We're planning on going riding tomorrow. She comes back and tells us that they asked for her drivers license, which I knew they would, but they also asked her for her weight. WTF?? I have never been asked this. Is it something new? What in the world would it be used for? Or... was the dude at the customer service counter just a creeper? :unsure:

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I bought some at peacock limited. They just asked me my first name, no license

·
Registered
19,983 Posts
They wanted the weight of the vehicle not her. My guess they are pre planning to add another fee for atv’s in the future and haven’t told you about it yet. We have class one and class two atvs here. Class one is anything under 60 inches wide and under a certain weight.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
So my son sent his girlfriend to the Meijer here in Gaylord to get an ORV sticker. We're planning on going riding tomorrow. She comes back and tells us that they asked for her drivers license, which I knew they would, but they also asked her for her weight. WTF?? I have never been asked this. Is it something new? What in the world would it be used for? Or... was the dude at the customer service counter just a creeper? :unsure:
So what answer did she give him? That might have been a clue as to what he was asking for.

·
Registered
2013 Turbo
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They wanted the weight of the vehicle not her. My guess they are pre planning to add another fee for atv’s in the future and haven’t told you about it yet. We have class one and class two atvs here. Class one is anything under 60 inches wide and under a certain weight.
That makes sense. Either the guy behind the counter asked the question the wrong way or she heard it wrong, LOL!!

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
I bought some at peacock limited. They just asked me my first name, no license
And how does that keep people with no operators licenses off the trails. I realize they can have someone else buy the decal for them, but we need not make it easy for people with medical/substance abuse issues to ride.
I mentioned I had heard this before to a dealer in Mt. Pleasant when I bought last years trail sticker. They told me that is totally against the rules. You must show a license they said.
I bought ORV stickers online, so they had my driver license info.

TMB did they do it for you because they knew you? Do they have your info on file?

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
And how does that keep people with no operators licenses off the trails. I realize they can have someone else buy the decal for them, but we need not make it easy for people with medical/substance abuse issues to ride.
I mentioned I had heard this before to a dealer in Mt. Pleasant when I bought last years trail sticker. They told me that is totally against the rules. You must show a license they said.
I bought ORV stickers online, so they had my driver
I know if a person who had no driver’s license only state ID, bought trail permits and orvs right over the counter with no valid drivers license.its all about revenue.

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
Yep you are right. They do absolutely nothing to stop someone with no driver license to buy an ORV license and permit. It is illegal to operate an ORV or snowmobile with a suspended or revoked license.......but they will sell you the stuff you need to ride. IMO leaves a lot of room for someone to sue the DNR/State if someone suffers a loss due to an operator that should not have been on the trails (no drivers license).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts